I just accidentally froze my Huel

I forgot to make my breakfast Huel last night and put it in the fridge, and I had a lie-in and woke up late so was really hungry this morning.
In an attempt to speed up the chilling process so I could have a nice cold huel, I put my shaker in the freezer for half an hour.
Except… I then forgot about it.
Just retrieved it and it is frozen almost solid :laughing:
It will probably be quite nice as slush, but now I’m starving and reckon it will take at least 2/3 hrs to liquify enough to drink!!
I might have to make another to have as my very belated breakfast and just drink it room temp, and then have my huel slush for supper… :smile:

4 Likes

no comment

2 Likes

Thanks for your input @Coup

3 Likes

I decided to put my solid huel lump of ice into the blender.
I have now huel slush. It’s nice.

5 Likes

You never know, might start a new craze. Huel ice lollies :grin:

2 Likes

For a momemt Bee I thought you were going to say you had frozen your Huel too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Oy, wotchit mate :grin:

3 Likes

@Coup is just jealous of how we agree on all things Huel.

2 Likes

Haha, apart from freezing it :laughing:

2 Likes

He’s probably gone off to stick his huel in the freezer right now so he doesn’t feel left out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Negative. Although last month I did leave a bottle of beer in my mates freezer and forgot about it. I got told off over whatsapp the following day :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering about frozen Huel… What flavour was it? Or was it simply U/U? Good idea putting it in the blender - a better idea than a few minutes in a microwave. I think I may leave it till the weather’s warmer before experimenting with freezing, but I’d like to try it.

1 Like

It was actually pineapple and coconut!
So it was like a pina colada - I was tempted to add some rum :rofl:

The only thing I’d say is that because I put it straight in the freezer after a quick shake, and didn’t blend it, or let it sit first, it had a strange powdery texture to it - like the huel hadn’t dissolved / mixed properly prior to freezing.
It’s probably best to mix the huel in a little water, let refrigerate for a couple hrs, then blend it with ice. I’ll definitely be doing that in the summer. (And trying it with rum :joy:)

5 Likes

Been there, done that:

https://discuss.huel.com/t/huel-pina-colada-iced-lolly/6160

5 Likes

I have on several occasions frozen Huel and eaten it partially frozen the next day while it still has ice crystals in it.

2 Likes

Bet that was delicious @hunzas
But what about the rum😜

4 Likes

I like that you did it properly with fresh pineapple and real coconut rather than the flavour boost

4 Likes

Next time…but for today

I’ve just made a Huel chocolate pudding, with semolina, Huel vanilla, coconut milk, raw cacao, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, cranberries, salted caramel, stevia, and a bit of coconut palm sugar. No recipe, just threw it all together…will see how it tastes later.

2 Likes

Wow you really know how to do it properly ! Sounds amazing
Let us know how it turns out

4 Likes

That’s the other thing I’ve been thinking about! :smiley:

Though in my case a Margarita. I’ll try it if/when I start drinking again.

3 Likes