I’m running 100km tomorrow powered by Huel

Tomorrow I’m running 100km to raise funds for a few charities that I support.
Depending on pace it will be somewhere between 10’000 and 14’000 calories.
It can’t all be Huel so I also have Kendal Mint Cake with me.
If anyone feels generous please donate a few pennies here: Fundraiser by Lee Jones : LJJNR 100km in a day

Just sat waiting for the train to London now.

3 Likes

How much Huel will you be consuming and when? Interesting stuff. Good luck!!!

How did it go? Hope you’ve had fun :slight_smile:

00:45 - Arrive at an Air B&B. What a terrifying experience.

05:00 - Wake up and walk to Bishops Park.

07:30 - Start time.

5km - Blimey I’ve done that a bit too fast, better slow down so I don’t blow up.

10km - Did that 5km faster, what a moron.

14km - run past two tiny first aiders trying to carry an even tinier older lady suffering from the heat.

14km and 10 steps - Say ‘god dammit’ out loud and turn around to help. Carry the tiny woman 2.5km to the first rest stop.

18km - A yoot on an electric bike hits me, I stumble awkwardly and really hurt the knee that I’ve been nursing for months.

18-100km - Limp, mumble and cry every time I put weight on my left foot. Occasionally use bad words as I climb and descend stairs and bridges.

100km - Woman On Finish Line ‘oh dear, have you hurt your leg?’ Me ‘no I’m in a gang’.

7 Likes

Congrats! How was the Huel/KMC diet?

Fair play dude well done.

Not quite in the same league as a 100km, but my only experience of event running was a half marathon where some twat running in the event but on the opposite side of the road to me saw a jelly baby stop on my side at the last moment, ran across diagonally and then immediately stopped and in trying to avoid a full speed crash into him I jarred one of my knees. I then had to limp the last 3 miles and only just made it. Not done another one since!

WELL…
I forgot to pack my KMC which I was fqing devastated by as I was looking forward to that for weeks.
Huel I had 6 servings in total as well as food provided by the event.
Fuel wasn’t a problem but it was pretty tough physically.

Ah, was hoping for a report on Huel as a sports endurance diet. Didn’t realise you had other food provided for most of your calories. I imagine the organisers know what’s required, that must be a big help…

WELL… as it’s more endurance than speed there’s no magic food, it’s just fruit, sweets, sandwiches and spaghetti and electrolyte drinks, coffee and water.

1 Like

Well done, that’s quite the achievement. My distance so far has been the half-mary; you have my admiration for finishing a race despite such adversity. It would have been an ordeal without any!