Ignore this thread - use official one

I’m gonna say it… what’s the point of this, how is it superior to a flavour system?

Right now I can have a single 1.75kg sack of Huel open and easily rotate through 9 different flavours - the open bag covers 12 meals and costs me £20.25. That flexibility is (and always has been) a massive USP of yours and it’s probably one of the main reasons I’ve stuck with you as a brand for so long.

I also have the coffee flavour, because coffee, so I currently have two bags of Huel open in my cupboard at all times, costing £40.50 and containing 28 meals between them. This is already annoying due to the space it takes up, but I understand the pre-mix makes sense due to the caffeine content.

But adding more bags?

To me there’s a similar problem here as with the bars. Simply adding more options isn’t enough, you have to change the way they’re provided and allow us to buy smaller pack sizes so we can try things without significant investment.

Is this a sign of things to come? Will the ‘new’ premixed variants be replicated in flavour system options or are those being phased out? Just how many 2kg bags are we going to need to keep in our cupboards to enjoy a wide selection of flavours?

1 Like

Hey @JamesCollier

Let’s just say I am good at finding out by myself! You revealed it under manage subscription flavors :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20180704-010158_Chrome

2 Likes

Hi @Tristan - it’s different to a Flavour Boost. People like convenience, so we’ve given them a delicious option.

Some people - like you - prefer Vanilla Huel with the Boosts, others prefer preblended flavours. Flavour Boosts are here to stay, but new preblended flavours are coming!

2 Likes

Pre-mixed is also cheaper. That and convinience as James said makes it a better option for me. Keep them coming James :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya, just saw it as well (next charge date is this week, so thought of visiting the site) and modified my subscription flavours - but just 1 out of the 8 bags. Both coffee and berry are new to me so 1 bag each and rest 6 are the new vanilla (which is also new to me - so far it’s just been original vanilla)… just being cautious, let’s see how they turn out.

I agree, a sample or smaller pack would be great, especially for new vanilla and berry…and other preblended flavours

Amazing, pre mix bags are the dream.

Thank you for listening and I pray to see either chocolate or mint pre mix soon!!

3 Likes

but when is chocolate coming out!!? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both! Mint-Chocolate

2 Likes

@JamesCollier said a “few flavors are on the way, one very soon” so at least one more is planned…

1 Like

Ahhh it’s so nice to see the excitement and buzz in these threads. Feel part of something big when it’s buzzing like this.

2 Likes

When we’ve developed something good enough!

2 Likes

Why though?

Right now one bag of Huel can provide 9 variations using the flavour system. Can you imagine having to have 9 sacks of premixed Huel open? That’d like 15kg of powder unsealed.

No more having to order 8 bags of Huel then extra flavouring on top. I could simply order 4 x berry and 4 x chocolate (eventually) then alternate them. I go through about one bag every 6 days, so there’d be none hanging around. If I fancied a one off snazzy flavour using flavour system, I could use some of my vanilla bag.

No more faffing with getting my Huel into the container then choosing a flavour bag, dealing with its crappy seal, dipping my tea spoon in, grabbing said flavour, placing in container, getting a sprinkling on the bench, then blending.

I can’t wait, it suits the way I use Huel way better.

1 Like

This ^ Spot on

1 Like

You’re forgetting that some people just know what they like and want to keep having what they like.

If what you like is variety, then that’s fine. Pre-mixed bags probably aren’t for you. Flavour sachets are available

2 Likes

Do you mean you’ve only ever had original vanilla and have now switched all 6 bags to new vanilla without tasting it. If say that was quite risky. Assuming you like original well enough if I were you if go for 1 bag of new just in case

1 Like

Ah good suggestion - i’s thinking it’s vanilla after all, it won’t be much different from the original which is also vanilla - what can possible go wrong :smiley: … but good point, i’ll go for more original than the new one, cheers !

Yes it is quite different. I’ve tried new twice, once by choice and second time by shipping problem and disliked it both times. Won’t order it again - though others have an opposite view. Not sure if I’ve seen someone say they like both though.

I found the new vanilla mixed less well with other flavours, and seemed a bit too sweet compared to the original vanilla. I would highly recommend going for a single bag to try out first. You might like it fine, but I’ve seen plenty of people saying they are sticking with the original flavour mix.