Is anyone mixing U/U and Vanilla Huel in a 50 / 50 ratio?

I have been using a 50:50 ratio for a long time, the vanilla is too overpowering if used 100%.
My morning mix is 1pint of water, 1.2 scoops of vanilla and 1.2 scoops of U/U, 1 banana and a handful of spinach, and if I have them a few blueberries. My favourite combination; I have it most days. Sometimes I replace the spinach with various frozen mixed berries. I also use a nutribullet to blend it.

I’ve tried the flavour pouches, but I have to say I try not to use them. They are just chemicals, and very artificial. It seems contradictory to have something so natural ruined by a bunch of chemicals.

1 Like

So - last night I mixed and refrigerated today’s shakes… One scoop U/U, one scoop vanilla, 100ml Alpro unsweetened roasted almond milk and approx 280ml water. Heaped teaspoon of Green and Blacks cocoa in one shake, a tea-spoon of Whole Earth smooth peanut butter and a little salted caramel flavouring in another, and a teaspoon of Nescafe granules and a little almond oil in the third. I’ve had two of the shakes so far today and they tasted perfect. I far prefer the 50/50 mix, and the 100ml unsweetened almond milk just makes everything that little bit creamier. Really good!

Thanks again for all the replies, folks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We do, as the vanilla is far too sweet on its own, but we’re starting to reduce it to a third, always with some form of flavouring. I’m not sure I could go 100% U/U without flavouring! I tend to stick to (real) coffee and a half-teaspoon of cocoa powder. The chocolate flavour pouches are fine, but becoming too synthetically sweet as we reduce the Vanilla. My partner takes Huel for lunch at work, and will have the same or a banana and some berries or fresh strawberries/raspberries.

1 Like

Not tried 50/50. Doing that next. The vanilla is too sickly sweet and the blandness of u/u is not bearable.

33/66 of Original/UU, plus half teaspoon of chocolate flavouring - really cannot imagine better.
The new vanilla doesn’t work for me at all (in any ratio) - hope this helps those still searching.