Is Huel suitable for my needs?

My background;

A relatively sporty guy in my early 30s. I’ve played rugby all my life and used to be pretty fit. I’ve stopped the rugby due to time and injury constraints but I now play five a side football once a week.

I go through phases of eating very healthily and looking after myself but I almost always relent then have a couple of weeks of eating crap and drinking too much at weekends.

You wouldn’t look at me and say I’m fat but I am out of shape and no longer feel fit and healthy.

I’d ideally like to shift some weight and build a little more muscle (I’m not interested on hitting the gym doing massive weights and becoming a body builder).

My plan would be to use Huel for most of my nutritional needs (say, 4 small drinks per day) and then to have an evening meal usually consisting of lean meat and veg/salad.

I’m going to try to be sensible about it and allow myself to have ‘bad food’ every now and then but I figure that if 80% of my diet is Huel/healthy meals then that’ll be a step in the right direction.

Does anyone else use Huel in this way?

Hi and welcome

It sounds like Huel is ideal for your needs. Although Huel hasn’t been specifically designed for sports / weight training, the fact that it’s high protein with good quality carbs makes it ideal for the recreational trainer.

Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me. My first order of Huel arrived the other day and I’ve started on it this morning.

My first impression is good. It tastes pretty decent and I still feel fairly satisfied since my breakfast Huel at about 8:30am.

I’m planning on having three per day (at100 grams per serving) along with a couple of pieces of fruit and a healthy dinner.

I’ll let you know how I’m getting on after the first week.

2 Likes