Kelp removal in v3.0 Powder and changes to pouch size - information on a steady roll out

That’s my thinking. Minor change means 3.0.1 whilst 3.1 would need to be a more significant difference but I’ve got a software guy here that doesn’t seem to want to do versioning like regular people.

I’m just trying to pre-empt #labelgate here :wink:

2 Likes

They should start calling the current version v3.0rc1.

1 Like

Service Pack ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ll be pleased horrified to know this version will be just v3.0.

3 Likes

3.0 contains kelp. It says so right here on this paper I printed just now and sent to my lawyer. I paid for kelp and if you send me 3.0 without kelp I will sue you so hard you’ll have to change your name to @SusanOfficialHuel. You can avoid this fate by renaming it Huel v3.0: Dekelpified Edition.

2 Likes

…but, but, it’s a patch release.

I hope you’re providing emotional support for your digital people.

I’m gonna call it v3.0.1 and nobody can stop me!

3 Likes

Full patch or single bug (crustacean) related hotfix? Do you version number hotfixes or have a separate interim numbering e.g. Hotfix 1, Hotfix 2 before moving to the next version number with the minor issues patch?

4 Likes

That’s a good point. Will customers who already bought large quantities of v3.0 be able to download the update when it is released? How much extra storage will we need for the dekelpification patch?

Following the pattern of previous version changes (small changes = huge increment, massive changes to entire formula = decimal increment), this new version, which has barely changed at all, should be v4.
Or version A
Changing to lettering the versions kinda quantifies how masssively small this latest update is.

On a serious note, it is actually a fairly significant change for anyone with a shellfish allergy.

What about those of us with a yeast allergy though?? Will that be removed? It might not be that, but something in v3 is seriously upsetting my guts :sob: I feel like I need to campaign for a reversion back to v2.3 :grimacing:

5 Likes

Switching to letter versioning is a good call. I suggest it should be version K, to remind us all of the new reviled ingredient that we can campaign against, as well as the victory against allergic Kelp.

Now if we would get the v2.3 flavours back… I used to love chocolate and berry, now I cannot drink either of them on their own.

2 Likes

I regret that for moral and ethical reasons I cannot support the return of 2.3 Berry, but yes why not bring back the pre-K chocolate. Or just buy unflavoured and add cocoa etc to make it even more convincing.

Switched Flavours update, below are the flavours of v3.0 that have been switched to kelp-free:

UK
Berry
Unflavoured & Unsweetened

EU
Chocolate

3 Likes

Along with this groundbreaking change, can we have an accompanying scoopgate of epic proportions?

3 Likes

Kelp free huel now comes with kelp free scoops, however, they are a mm smaller due to the lack of kelp in the scoop so adjust your measurements accordingly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Given seafood allergies, I guess in retrospect the kelp was a bit of a shellfish decision?

4 Likes

Oh for cod’s sake. I thought we’d avoided puns.

2 Likes

Yes, I for one have haddock up to here with them.

2 Likes

I’m hooked on the topic.

1 Like