Today is the big day that we release v3.0, our best Huel yet!
We’ve tweaked our formula so more of our vitamins and minerals come from whole ingredients. Like acerola cherries which are a natural source of vitamin C as well as a natural source of iodine from kelp and kombucha helping us out with some B vitamins. And there’s more:
- We’ve added probiotics, in addition to the already existing prebiotics, improved the taste with all natural flavours, as well as giving Huel a smoother texture a little added tapioca starch and sunflower lecithin for a silky smooth Huel every time.
- If you’re on subscription then your existing sub will be updated automatically to v3.0
Glycaemic index of v3.0
We have received a report back from our labs to confirm that Huel v3.0 Powder has a glycaemic index of 16 (low). As a comparison, our v2.3 powder had a GI of 27, which is also considered a low reading.
News on v2.3:
- Original v2.3 subscribers will remain subscribed to Original v2.3 and will be able to cancel and reactivate it, or remove original from an upcoming subscription and re-add it later on.
- v2.3 will be available on an outlet page in almost all flavours - we’re looking to put this page live this week. Availability will vary across different flavours, gluten-free and professional. If we see a continued demand we may consider creating more - Julian will update
- The price of Original v2.3 will remain the same. This will mean that if you’re currently subscribed to e.g. Original v2.3 and Chocolate v2.3, as of tomorrow that subscription will be changed to Original v2.3 (old price) and Chocolate v3.0 (new price).
- Julian will update on future Original Huel and other v2.3 variety plans when he has the information
New serving size and scoop information
Our scoop has changed. We have increased the size of our scoop and reduced our recommended serving size. Have a read below and if you have any questions then just comment below.
Our old scoops confused many, they contained ~38g (~152kcal) which wasn’t useful and didn’t relate to our serving size. So we sourced a scoop we reckon contains 50g (200kcal) – so it’s easier for you. If you have the old scoop don’t worry, you can still easily use it the same as you always have, just check out the instructions above.
*Serving size change:*⠀
We have reduced the serving size to 400kcal, which is conveniently two new scoops! It also makes sense - an RTD is 400kcal and a Bar is 200kcal #logic. All our pouches still contain 7000kcal, no matter how much they weigh.
But remember, this is only a recommendation, a serving is as much or as little as you want. There is a diagram here.
Any questions, just ask!⠀