Korma & Confessions

Hey everyone!

It’s been a while since I was here, but I’m back on the Huel train after a few curveballs life threw at me!

First, I’d like to start by talking about the H&S Korma. The amount of times it was in and out of my basket is unbelievable, and the only reason - sultanas :joy:

After chatting to my mum who said there probably wouldn’t be THAT many in it, I finally bit the bullet and got my order yesterday, so it was Korma for tea. It was really good! The base is very similar to the Thai Green but obviously the spices and flavours are different, I really liked it.

I did find I had to add a little msg and salt to bring some more of the flavour out, (thanks @hunzas for the msg tip!) but I actually really enjoyed it and am looking forward to having it again tonight!

Moral of the story, if the sultanas are putting you off the korma, don’t let them! There aren’t that many and they’re bigger than all the other ingredients so easy to pick out if you really want!

Now time for my confession and the reason I’m doing a week of only huel for my main meals.

Last week I didn’t touch a huel pouch, nor did I touch the cooker… I’ve been so engrossed and stressed out by a final assessment project I was doing that my diet consisted purely of what delivery people would bring to my door. Shocking I know. So huel detox to the rescue! I already have more energy so shows how quickly those vitamins and minerals make a difference!

Hope you’re all well

Aura

4 Likes

Last week I didn’t touch a huel pouch, nor did I touch the cooker… I’ve been so engrossed and stressed out by a final assessment project I was doing that my diet consisted purely of what delivery people would bring to my door. Shocking I know. So huel detox to the rescue! I already have more energy so shows how quickly those vitamins and minerals make a difference!

This reminds me of what I was like during my MBA. I was foolishly doing a full-time MBA alongside full-time work and it nearly killed me. No space in my brain for anything like dieting or meal planning so I just ate whatever to make it to the end. And that was immediately before I got on the huel train this time to lose weight. I’ve lost over 20KG so far, so it definitely does work!

1 Like

Honestly that’s exactly what my mentality was! I even said to my partner at the beginning of the week it’s going to be a bad week for our diets! I gained 3lb which obviously isn’t great but wasn’t a shock in the slightest!

I’m trying to lose weight too, I wouldn’t say I was massive when I started but I was at my heaviest I’ve been and definitely too large for my height. I lost 19lb but put a few back on, hoping to really get back on the right track now!

I’ve just had a brainwave and decided I’ll try heating my morning shake tomorrow to make a kind of porridge, worth a try for something a little different!

1 Like

I never add salt to any food apart from chips but msg is a must. I think it works on all the H&S even things like mac and cheese.

Yeah it’s the msg I’m thanking you for :smile: the salt is all on me!

I’ll edit to make it clearer you are in no way encouraging my saltiness! :joy:

Haha, I know it was just the MSG.

Hmm, people say I’m salty - but’s just my language - b*stards.

1 Like

This is a terrible day for the PR team at Sultana & Co™. Scathing account of the impactfulness of sultanas.

Haha so glad they didn’t deter you. Any other flavours you’ve tried?

Look after yourself during your project! Huel only takes the time it takes to boil the kettle (then you can just put the lid on, go back to your desk and work while it’s cooking). So make sure you’re eating well :hugs:

1 Like

Completely unrelated but if I ever start a podcast I’m calling it “Korma & Confessions”

3 Likes

Haha I’m glad I didn’t let them fully deter me!

Yeah I’ve tried loads! I’ve written my reviews of each of them on here somewhere or other… I think there might only be madras, sweet and sour and tomato and herb left to try from the h&s range and so far I don’t think I’ve had a bad word to say about any of them!

Well after my project week last week I decided to be extra good this week and have huel for all my main meals and it’s been great! I’ve had so much more energy and after gaining 3lb last week, I stepped on the scales this morning and have lost 4lb! Go huel! :partying_face:

I also tried my huel white prepared like porridge this morning and am amazed at how well it worked. It’s very reminiscent of ready brek!

I prepared it as normal in my shaker, just without ice, transferred it into a bowl and microwaved it, stirring occasionally until it was thickened and warm. It will now be my go to winter breakfast!

I used huel white cinnamon swirl and it was delicious, can’t wait to try other flavours!

1 Like

I was quite proud of that :joy: I’m usually not so good at coming up with good titles!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.