Less calories needed with Huel

Hi folks.
I’m just putting some feelers out there to see what you guys have to say about this.
I’ve been pretty much 100% huel for 3 months. Loving everything about it and have no real concerns but I am curious to hear your thoughts on the following:
I am 5ft 10" and 75kg and would say I have a good fitness level. I workout 5 times a week and my workouts are usually pretty intense. Despite my activity levels I find 4 full portions of huel leave me completely satisfied. I have 3 portions through the day and use the 4th as a recover and final meal after my workout. I’m just very conscious that I really should be taking in at least 2500 to 3000 calories a day. For now I feel energised, satisfied, lean, strong and my sleep has improved hugely. I’m just wondering if I’m heading towards a calorie deficient crash without realising it.
Has anyone else found they don’t need as much huel as they would actual chewable food?
I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Robert.

I honestly assume that you’ve probably calculated your old diet wrong, especially if your staying the same weight on what huel your currently consuming.

Calories in, calories out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a dangerous position to be in at your activity levels. I guess it’d be fine if you’re feeling as well as you say. However, my friend (tiny stomach) can barely handle a 1500 calorie day without being full up. He still requires 2500 or so, hence he never hits his full potential.

I’d say it’s better to get that stomach stretched and boost your eating capacity!

1 Like

If your weight is where you want it, you feel energised and you’re progressing as you’d like to with your exercise, then you’re consuming the correct amount of calories. If you feel you need a little more, add just one scoop per day initially and see how that goes.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone.
I’m still feeling pretty good despite my activity levels and the amount of huel I’m consuming.
For now I will just carry on doing what I’m doing. It seems to be working.
If I run into any problems I will take on board all of your advice.
Thanks Again.
Robert.

1 Like