Too full to Huel

Hi there !

I’ve been using Huel for more than a year now, I’m almost 100% on week days and off at the weekends. The issue I’m having is that I can’t seem to be able to drink enough Huel for my calorie intake, as it makes me feel really full.

I’m 1m90 (5ft.10inch.), I weigh 68kg (10st.10lb), I climb at least 10-12 hours a week. When I’m on 100% Huel, I have a maximum of 400g of powder and 1 bar. So that would be about 1850 calories, but based on the bmi calculator I should be at 2600 to maintain my weight. That being said, I know everybody is different and has a different metabolism, but a difference of 800 calories a day is huge.

I honestly feel I could use more energy throught the day and my training sessions. The problem is that I can’t have more than 400g per day, my stomach is just too bloated. I could try to reduce the amount of water I mix in, but that would make it too solid to drink. I do drink lots of water on the side though…

Any idea/suggestion/help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

I also climb a few times a week but on week days (including climbing days) I do intermittent fasting, which means only eating in an 8 hour window. This means I skip breakfast but have a 150g Huel around 2pm and then climb after work once it’s settled and then have dinner by 9pm.

And how is your energy level ?

Totally fine. My weight never fluctuates and I don’t get that afternoon crash feeling.
Skipping breakfast is a lot easier than having breakfast and then waiting until 2…

I’ve recently been using light olive oil in my Huel shakes (just over a table-spoon - 18ml - is 150 calories. It helps increase the calories significantly without making as much difference to the volume ingested as fat is so dense.