Motorcycle touring, backpacking with Huel experiences?

Hi y’all.

Currently planning an upcoming motorcycle/backpacking tour of this beautiful island and was wondering if anyone has any advice/experiences on using Huel on such a trip.

Most days in my usual life I’ll mix up some powdered Huel for breakfast, and a bowl of some granola as a supper time snack.

I’d like to be able to stick to that routine and cook “proper” lunches and dinners on the camp stove. Thinking of being away for a few weeks probably, mostly roughing it in the wilds with the occasional visit to civilisation for re-supplies and any cozy pubs I might encounter!

So, my question is, has anyone else tried this? I’m looking for the most space-efficient, lightweight and convenient way of doing this bearing in mind that I’ll be carrying everything on the bike and backpack. Clean water’s not a problem with a portable filter, so I’m thinking of vacuum-packing/zip-locking 14 portions of powder and another 14 portions of granola. Maybe throwing in a box of Huel bars as a bonus. And a bunch of something like army ration pack pouch meals to heat up for dinner.

Speaking of the granola, I usually mix it up with oat Milk like Oatly that comes in a 1 litre carton. Anyone know of any good equivalents that come in powdered form? I found some soya milk powder but would prefer the taste of oat milk. Actually, I guess I can just mix up some more Huel powder into an impromptu milk and just use that. Hmmm.

Anyway, you get the idea. Any thoughts or hints from you lot would be much appreciated!

Will post some pretty pictures of Scottish valleys or something in return!!

1 Like

That would be the simplest thing to do, and why not? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like