Mumps

I have mumps :sob::sob::sob:

This isn’t fair. I’ve had vaccinations, I’m having huel, I’ve never had this before. I should be able to fight this.
Why is this happening to me :sob::sob::sob:

I don’t think it’s Huel’s fault, they may just give you lumps if you shake incorrectly, not mumps.

2 Likes

It’s not huels fault. I certainly don’t think huels caused this but its nutritious why am I ill?

1 Like

Not having to chew food is amazing in my condition

2 Likes

It’s a virus. anyone can get it.

Are there any anti-vaxxers here? They’ll soon be piping up.

1 Like

I feel like becoming one after this. All those painful injections as a kid.
WASTE OF TIME

1 Like

At least you can impress the ladies with your unfeasibly big bollocks.

1 Like

You’re lucky you avoid human contact you’ll never know the pain of our earthling diseases

1 Like

Oh not fun :frowning: I hope you feel better soon!
Re: vaccinations, last time I went to check mine even the nurse was surprised by the impressive amount I’ve had over my life. Just remembered, if you’re a millennial like me apparently they changed the MMR dosages or something, so you might have only had one of two doses.

Eating 100% Huel won’t defend you against a virus. For a while, I thought I was invincible. I was eating nutrionally complete food for the vast majority of my diet topped up with grapes, a banana and an apple. I hadn’t had a cold in 2 years. Then I got a cold which turned into bronchitis and took me off work for 1.5 weeks.

1 Like

Thanks grandma but your talking to a zoomer.
Generation Z best generation ever!
Also thanks for kind words I don’t think I had two doses :frowning:

1 Like

:joy: I find that hilarious as usually I’m taken for being younger, but today my inner grandma is too tired to start the generation debate :joy:
Might be worth looking into then!

Nope sadly not. I have avoided colds so far this winter until I stayed over with family from Christmas Eve to Boxing day who where coughing and sneezing there heads off with the central heating cranked up now I am also :sneezing_face: thanks for the best Christmas present I have ever had, MAN FLU!

2 Likes

I was calling myself a millennial for years until recently when I heard of gen Z so I looked it up and I’m not a millennial by one year, now I like bringing up that I’m a zoomer when I can

Making young people feel old is funny

2 Likes

To me, a Zoomer sounds like someone who uses a Zimmer frame.
Sorry you have mumps :sob::face_with_thermometer::face_with_head_bandage:
That’s totally pants

1 Like

Loomers are the real oldies.

The efficacy of the vaccine is, depending on the strain used, around 80%. This is good enough to prevent epidemic outbreaks like in the past (with many people getting lethal secondary meningitis infections as a result), but not good enough to stop all individual cases. This depends on the strain used and on your own immune systems response to the vaccine. Disease progress is however probably much milder than when you would have not been vaccinated.

Hang in there, it sucks, for sure this time of year! Also try to avoid pregnant women and young children and babies and contact anyone from these groups that you came into contact with before the diagnosis, as you might have infected them beforehand.

2 Likes

If you’re prone to chronic sinusitis try steaming 3 times a day, it’s not a cure but inflammation should decrease temporarily relieving pain.

Nothing lucky about it.