Nailed it for a meat eater

Ive had Huel on and off for 3 or 4 years now and my biggest issue has always been craving meat, or at least savory flavours. Well you have nailed it with the new hot&savory. It’s absolutely incredible. Both flavours are tasty and can easily have chicken or any other meat added if i want. You must be pushing the military to take you on now. 24 hours of huel would weigh a lot less than the rations now, and be better nutrition! Look forward to new flavours and well done Huel team!

I am also a 'heavy’meat consumer. I’m considering experimenting with HS tomato and adding sausage or ground sausage meat to it.

Totally inspired me with that – made a basic one pot sausage and tomato casserole using the Tomato & Herb – made enough for 2 or 3 servings:

• 1 pack Beyond Meat Original Sausages
  • 1 medium red onion, sliced
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 400g cannellini beans
  • 400g diced tomatoes
  • 3 scoops Hot and Savoury mixed w/400ml water
  • 70ml HP Sauce

Really easy to make and the Beyond Meat vegan sausages are very dense so lend themselves well to stews and casseroles as they don’t break up.

Basically, fried the sausages first in olive oil, took them out and then cooked the onions and garlic till they softened up. Then added all the other ingredients, mixed them all up, added the sliced sausages back in – brought to the boil and then simmered for 20 minutes. Tasted great and very filling.

(made it pretty thick as thats how I prefer it but you can just add more water as you like)

3 Likes

Good idea guys. That looks amazing. I just stripped the carcass of a chicken and used the brown juicy meat in the thai curry flavour. Soooo good!

Thanks for being such a long Hueligan, Rory! This is great news that we’ve found something savoury that hits the spot for you! Would you always add meat to H&S or can you see times where you would just go for H&S on it’s own?

We’re not, but I can definitely see this being lighter for them, as many of the hot rations are already hydrated so they’re carrying around excess water already. It’s not something we’re looking at any longer, we tried with our Bars but it wasn’t quite right - price point mainly - but who knows what the future might hold!

Issue will be calorie density. Standard 24hour rat pack is 4000 calories. Arctic warfare rations even higher.

I mostly have it without meat! I had my Black edition for breakfast today. Tomato for lunch then the Thai for dinner. The variety is helping me stay on huel and not craving other food.

The caloris are only so high of you eat every single thing. Sweets, fruit juice, biscuits, vegimite. The core meals could at leat be Huel.

that looks beautifull @Phil_C

why dont you send it to a magazine?

My brain wants beef stock with the T&H, but that’s very hard to get in rural Korea. Has anyone tried reheated fried chicken in it? Chicken stock? Pork gravy? Any ramen packets? Ramen here is a little different, but I’m adventurous.Common ramens around here

just play around and see what works :slight_smile: I’ve used several things in H&S - vege stock, HP sauce, marmite etc all work well adding punch to the flavour.

Playing around’s not cheap–I was hoping for more suggestions.

1 Like

and I gave you some -given that no one has zero clue what you have locally available or what your personal tastes extend to - then not sure what you were expecting. as its a savoury food you can pretty much add what you want. Ive made wraps with TGC and added chicken to it and it worked fine as did adding meat substitutes to T&H,.

I find prawns work brilliantly with THC - also mackerel fillets or bits of random white fish that I’ve nit used as bait! :+1:t3:

1 Like

I’m happily surprised to hear that fish works well with it!

Oops TGC ! Freudian slip haha

1 Like

Update–scored some mildly spicy beef ramen. Had a staff lunch today in which whoever ordered food didn’t quite get enough, so I whipped out my Tomato & Basil, cracked some ramen noodles over it, and soaked it all in hot water. Besides tasting really, really good it was “food-y” enough that I didn’t stand out and was able to share my meal with my colleagues–a huge score here in Korea. Don’t judge me too harshly on the ramen noodles. I know they’re crap nutrition but they gave the whole thing a nice visible texture.
I’m happy.

2 Likes

Whatever works for you! How much Tomato & Herb did you add to the pack of ramen?

60-80 grams, depending on how hungry I am. It was closer to 80 this time.
Jin Ramen mild or Samyang beef, for those who know their Korean ramens. They’re a little bigger than the American kind.

1 Like