New Product Alert! Huel Complete Protein

Oh… my… YUM

Received this but an hour ago - THANKS HUEL - all of the love right back atcha!! <3

Now for the hilarity - I was so excited to try this, and the new shaker, that I whipped open the Strawberries & Cream tub and proceeded to slap that shaker on my scales… without reading the directions first!

Yep, I’m so trained in the ways of Huel powder, I popped a full 100g of powder into it and started shaking like there was no tomorrow - took my first sip and thought BLIMEY, this is like liquid fudge!!

Hopped on the forums and realised my mistake - 29g portion size?! :rofl:
Ah well, I just had 3 and a bit ‘snacks’ - still beats getting a bag of cookies from the Co-op!! lol

The funny thing is, yes it was really thick, but still really nice! I totally drank the lot.
Does that make me a deviant??

Shall try the Chocolate Brownie one a bit later on, I feel the need to lay down for a bit. LOL

BUT the takeaway is, AMAZING - thank you so much Huel for being at the forefront of nutrition technology and customer service - you guys are simply the best! (Better than all the rest!) hehe

Love,
Iain. xx

5 Likes

Tried the Vanilla Fudge flavour and found it had hard orange lumps throughout? Any of the Huel team able to chime in with what they might be? They are really hard, can’t squeeze with my finger so not clumps of powder.

I’m looking into this. Will get back to you as soon as possible.

Just made up 29g of Chocolate Fudge Brownie with 300ml of water in the new shaker. The texture is great, very smooth, perfect level of sweetness and really very tasty. I am looking forward to trying Strawberries & Cream in the morning.

Congratulations Julian and team. I think this will be a great success.

I just tried the strawberry and cream and the texture was very chalky this is my first time trying huel but is it normally like this also it was not a strong strawberry taste. I also had those orange lumps in them @Tim_Huel

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delayed response (not long finished work). I still have 2 shakers available if you’d like me to send you one?

No problem at all. It’s nice to be nice.

Just to confirm, I love the new shakers; it’s just I currently have 4 as I added 2 to my prescription before my surprise delivery. It would be good to give 2 of them to a good home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,

Yes thank you, if that still possible I’d really appreciate it.

Scott.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet, but I don’t really like the idea of having a shake as a snack. My schedule is quite busy, so I don’t really see myself preparing a shake and then cleaning the shaker for only 100kcal.

So there should definitely be flecks of orange/yellow in all the Complete Protein products, this is from the turmeric extract, however this looks harder than it should be, but is likely clumped turmeric or the flavouring.

Is this just one shake, or every one you’ve had? If you’re getting it consistently and aren’t happy with it then please get in touch with the CE team, we can get the samples back and check it out and replace them.

That’s good to know, do you eat the Huel Bars as a snack?

i also had the lumps i have had them in two of my shakes now also the texture seems to be chalky and you can taste the powder is this normal for this product

Just had the one so far. Will be trying the other flavour today (Choc Fudge) to see how that compares. When I go back to Vanilla tomorrow I’ll see how it is and get in touch if needed.

This was the lid when washing it out. You can see there were quite a few. I’ll see how it goes.

Thanks.

Definitively, the box with the selection of Huel bars is my go-to snack every day.

@Tim_Huel Just tried with another shake and getting loads when cleaning out of shaker this is my first time with huel is this normal to have this and chalky texture

So the yellow bits are absolutely meant to be there, this isn’t a problem with the batch or anything. As I mentioned, it’s the curcumin (from turmeric extract), they are crunchy, but it’s the good stuff! Like the flecks of red in v3.0, which is lycopene, it just means you’re getting the good stuff!

The yellow bits are normal! Vegan protein is known to have a little chalky texture, so yes that’s normal, but our protein is significantly better tasting than many vegan proteins and also many whey proteins. Have you had powdered foods before? If not then I think this is totally normal and you’re just getting used to the flavour!

@Tim_Huel I have had other protein powders before and had similar texture is the texture the same for huel black and other huel products or only as this is a protein powder. i can understand them being there for flavour but they are rock hard i do not think this is normal i cannot crush them in between my fingers

Those flavours sound amazing, I hope you can bring one or two to v3.0 perhaps…

@carl_b the Curcumin (turmeric Extract), is a little crunchy but that is exactly how it is suppose to be. It is insoluble in water. Curcumin is poorly absorbed. Among the methods devised to address the issue, the two most common (and most often tested) are to pair curcumin with piperine (a black pepper extract). So we have added piperine.

Why you would want to crush them between your fingers I don’t understand. Simply consume them as part of the liquid and your body will process them.

See the research on the benefits of curcumin Curcumin — Health Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

5 Likes

I always blend my normal Huel powder. Shaking is okay but sometimes get clunky bits even with a shaker ball inside.

My question is how easy does this new protein powder mix by shaking?

Any experience?

@HueliganUK30s so just used a blender comes out a lot nice than shaking as used shaker yesterday and found it very powdery make sure to use cold water as if it is a bit hot it makes the shake a lot thicker