New product launch ⭐ A Complete Protein Bar!

I don’t get these. 8g more protein than the usual bars, mildly different macros. What’s the USP?

Between all the powder variations, two RTD recipes, and now these, the Huel proposition is starting to get a little confusing.

higher protein snack bars are a huge growth business globally (although the biggest market share appears to be bars with >25g protein) but I guess the expanding range such as the bars and complete protein powder would also allow sales in countries where ‘meal replacements’ are heavily regulated - such as Canada?

For sure, but I meant vs the regular huel bars. 8g more protein isn’t a huge jump, they’re essentially the same product.

Hello folks, I received my selection boxes today and so far have tried the salted caramel and banoffee flavours.

Compared to the previous versions - which I really like (and have lots of to get through) - these are a huge improvement in terms of texture and taste; the Huel development team should be really proud of themselves as these bars are tasty and filling, and eating one feels very much like having a “treat”.

I haven’t tried the raspberry and peanut versions, but I assume they’re both dark chocolate-coated; if so, just to say, I would love to see a white chocolate-coated version at some point in the future…

But, bottom line is these new bars are a very welcome addition to the Huel range and I’ll be stashing a few in my work bag, gym bag, car’s glove box, etc… :+1:

/Al

6 Likes

I guess this answers most of it :point_down:

We’ve worked hella hard making these a tastier bar. We love our v3.1 Bars, and I know many here do too, but let’s be honest many people try them and don’t.

I wouldn’t say the macro’s are slightly different, it’s

• 25 Carbs
  • 30 Fat
  • 40 Protein
  • 5 Fibre

vs v3.1

• 36 Carbs
  • 35 Fat
  • 24 Protein
  • 5 Fibre

I’d say that’s a pretty different proposition. A high protein snack. But yeah of course if you love the other bars then carry on!

@AlexGreyhead thanks so much for the feedback, stoked to hear you loved them and I’ll be sure to let the team know! Love the white chocolate idea too, I can definitely get on board with that!

4 Likes

The new bars are a great improvement over the previous version. Great texture and moisture.

The chocolate coating reminds me of real German Lebkuchen (thin dark chocolate that’s not overly sweet)

1- Banoffee - very very good 10/10
2- Salted Caramel - 9/10
3- Peanut - 8/10

Well done :yum:

2 Likes

Hey Tim,
I just wanted to pick up on this because as you wrote, many people don’t like them.
I just want to voice that I do, and for the past 18 months I’ve been 100% Huel (every sunday I eat 300g of steamed brussel sprouts) and the bars are a huge part of that (and an enjoyable part).
Please dont send them them to the same farm the granola went to(!).
Looking forward to the next round of bars. (400 calories would be great…)

1 Like

I also like the 3.1 bars and their macros split fits better my needs than the new protein ones.

I still ordered some protein bars to try (waiting for them to arrive), but I will continue mainly buying the 3.1 bars… hopefully they don’t discontinue them :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I just ordered some of this. I do like 3.1 (I’m not saying it couldn’t be better) but I like that CPB has more protein while it has less sugar and fat. Exactly what I need for my snacks.

Now I realized how great it would be if HUEL had something like this (high protein, low fat and sugar) but savory. Sometimes I’m looking for non-sweet snacks (like cheese) and this would be much better. Like some vegan sausages or something similar. I would definitely get those.

2 Likes

I’ve given these a go now and I like the texture, nutritional profile and cocoa coating but……the taste. I’m guessing it’s the new sweetener being used - but with all the flavours, I am getting this strange slightly synthetic and soapy aftertaste. The banana (like the flavour boost) for me is the worst offender which tastes very synthetic.

I am sure that with time my taste bud palette would adjust to it and it would be less obvious but as it stands, even though overall the new bars are better than the previous ones, the price per bar difference makes it a less convincing option for me – I’ll have to give it some more thought and see if it changes my opinion with more use.

This mornings update: even though Erythritol does not have the same digestive side effects as other sugar alcohols, it seems 2 bars in the same day seems to be the tipping point especially if you drink caffeine too :slight_smile: :wind_face:

1 Like

Wow this was fast. I ordered them yesterday and they arrived today (Germany). I tried the raspberry one, and I can’t say it tastes better than 3.1. I actually prefer 3.1’s taste and consistency. I do like and eat dark chocolate, so it’s not that I’m not used to that taste. But as a whole CPB tastes awful and is too hard. I do like the nutritional profile, so that is definitely an improvement. The only thing I can’t understand is the need for “honeycomb” whatever that is. It doesn’t seem to contribute to the (non-existing good) taste, but does include sugar. I would have preferred chocolate chips as in 3.1 (something with at least a little health benefit).

Ordered these the second the email landed; Raspberry and Banoffee - a great addition to the Huel range.

Flavours are great.

But they are really hard and I find they ideally need to have 10-20 seconds in the microwave to be compatible in texture to the v3.1 a hopefully that’s a “teething” problem in manufacture.

1 Like

The sugar in the CP Bars is minimal, between 1.1g - 2.4g. So this isn’t a problem. I guess the point of the honeycomb is to give it an enjoyable texture and taste! The chocolate chips in v3.1 are not there for any health benefit, again, just for taste and texture.

So glad you love them! Banoffee was such a surprise for me. Wasn’t sure I would like banana flavoured bar but I loved it!

My reasoning was that it does not add to the texture and taste (at least for me) and also includes sugar (and does not have any health benefits). So I don’t really see the point. Chocolate chips had more advantages compared to honeycomb. It doesn’t have to be chocolate chips. But it should be something that either really contributes to the texture and taste or has at least some health benefits.

How many protein bars do you get in a box? The website only tells you the contents of the variety box (3 of each) which I can’t order because bananas kill me :skull_and_crossbones:
There’s no info anywhere on the order page not even a price per bar.
The ask a robot chat function was very annoying and completely unhelpful :woman_facepalming:t3::laughing:
I’m hoping you guys will know the answer (you always do :blush: )

1 Like

It says 12 bars next to each flavour on the order page my love x

Not for me it doesn’t! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m glad you get the VIP view however @Coup . I will take your word for it :grin:

1 Like

Weird it says 12 bars for me too :thinking:

Interesting, for me it also says 12 bars.