New to Huel - first days in the new life

I will be looking these up when getting some new bottels!

Close really well and as my meals are nearly 700 kcal I’d this size of shakers.
Had 1, liked and ordered 3 more :joy:
So far, really happy with them.

Update

Change of diet
Little over a month now and feeling great. :smiley:
Still at 171g every shake but decreased the amount of water from 950ml to 700ml,
really helps as I don’t have to go to the bathroom as much anymore.
I’m at 4 shakes a day ( ~2.800 kcal together), breakfast, lunch, dinner and a shake over the evening.
My sleeping pattern has become more stable and I’m at a constant energy level all day.
The gassy problem is still there, but getting a little better. Going in pretty much 100% soon after
start really has some influence on the body I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

Progress
As said, I’m at 100% Huel now (except for 1 or 2 dinners in the weekend) and doing great.
It is actually far easier too sustain these changes than I expected at first.
FlavDrops, instant coffee, cacao and banana’s are a great help in this too. That’s on top of
the different flavours already available premixed.
Regarding the weight, it has stabilized and I even gained around 1kg so far. This might not
seems that much for some, but I haven’t been 70kg or more in years. So being at 69kg now
is actually really motivating and feels amazing.

Drinking .
Up till now I still maintain the max. half a crate of beer a week, though I don’t even have beer
at home right now. That said, I don’t long for it anymore and can walk past it in the stores without
feeling the need to buy it. Before all this, I bought 2 new crates before I started the last one I had.
Also gave the whiskey, rum and few other liquor’s I had to friends and feel no need for it.
The acid reflux I had from drinking, before and during Huel, is completely gone now but starts
again if I drink 3 or more beers. This makes it a lot easier to stick to 2 beers at most, at a time.

Smoking
Even though I greatly reduced the amount I have been smoking, it increased a bit again.
Not back to how it was, fortunately, but still a little more again. This is partly because of the social
aspect and I give in to the little added stress lately. Hope to decrease and even quit in time, but
I think that will happen once I start cycling again within the next few months. Hopefully, this will
happen before the end of April but my goal is before the end of March.
At least I don’t smoke at work again, which proved to be quite a challenge in itself. :sweat_smile:

Overall, the progress has been great, as I’m on Huel little over a month and around month of being
100% (on most days). Really happy with gained weight and more stable mood, rest and energy. :sunglasses:
One of my colleagues actually came to me, saying I look a lot calmer now. He didn’t really know
why or how but to me it was great to hear. It seems the people around me already notice it in
small things, which is good as they see me every day. :slight_smile:

Oh, by the way, despite having to nibble cacao&orange flavour bars because of the intensity of the
orange taste on bigger bites, I really LOVE the coffee flavour bars (all v2.0).
Can’t wait to try the v3.0, but despite liking the coffee ones I still won’t binge it :smiley:
Hope that will be the same for the new ones.

Oh oh oh and… I’m considering upping the carbs with powdery oats, anyone with good suggestions
that doesn’t add to much protein aswell ? I’m at 40% carbs and 30/30% protein/fat and I want to
change it to 50% carbs, 20% protein and 30% fat (MFP advice, in case anyone’s wondering). :slight_smile:

Well, as not much has changed since my last update I’ll keep it shorter than usual. :smirk:

Still 171g of Huel on 700ml water shakes, 4 times a day.
A bar or smaller shake as a snack once or twice a day.
Still at 69kg, so didn’t really gain more but didn’t lose the gain yet either,
which obviously is something I’m pretty content with. :sunglasses:
Though the intention was to stick to half a crate of beer per week, it
didn’t work out that way. I drink even less than that now, so only got better. :slight_smile:

I wanted to start cycling, but due to some unfortunate things happening it
will have to wait a little longer. Still smoking, but not back to how it was so
it’s still going fairly well. :sweat_smile:

Lately, I have also been trying meal replacement shakes and bars from
different other brands. It seems that, so far, Huel will remain the one for me.
Other brands I have tried just don’t fill me up as much and I could actually
binge on 2 of those brands, which isn’t really a good thing (despite gaining). :roll_eyes:
Might keep ordering from one or both those brands, but just for the snack shakes.
Yet to try the v3.0 Huel bars, but compared to the v2.0 bars I have to admit
that some of the other brands offer bars that suit me better.

This week, I received my activity tracker. So will start using that with MFP as well,
hoping to see what I actually need throughout the day(s) and if needed adjust
my diet (calorie-wise) accordingly.
This activity tracker also offers the possibility to check current/average/high&low’s
of my heart rate and has a sleepmonitor widget integrated.
For the time coming, I will seriously keep an eye on these two as well, especially sleep.

So, overall, the near-100% Huel/MR is going great and still no reason to back down.
Hope everyone else is doing fine as well and apologize for the long post anyway. :rofl: