Original vs New Vanilla

I am hating the new vanilla. I currently use Huel to make homemade meal shakes (33% Heul), and have recently switched to new vanilla to give it a try. The overall flavor of my shakes are far from as tasty as they were before. I have moved my sub back to the OG, and cannot wait for this cycle to end.

1 Like

Yep, this is a good summary. I’m curious how many people really prefer the new Vanilla. If there’s a market for it though, it ought to exist. Sadly the Original/Vanilla names don’t really seem to be serving their purpose in telling us what we’re getting, but I’m not sure what names would be better.

Myself, I’m most happy now with a mix of 50% Original and 50% Unsweetened. That, in half water and half unsweetened almond milk, and left overnight in a fridge, is perfect.

2 Likes

New vanilla is very popular. It has a strong sweet toffee flavour that is a bit like marmite - you love it or hate it! Personally I really dislike it. I’ve found myself moving more towards only UU even though for a while I was enjoying original with uu.
I like mint and chocolate premixes but only occasionally. UU is my every day preference.
I was a big original fan before because it works so well with uu and flavour boosts, but I’m finding I’m wanting it less and less sweet as time goes on

I don’t like either of them. Original was so disgusting when I tasted it I nearly threw up. Vanilla is overly sweet and has that strong cloying aftertaste. Doesn’t taste anything like vanilla to me.

@Jasmine what’s your preferred flavour(s)?

I used to like vanilla when it first came out but I quickly went off it. Now I only like chocolate and banana. Berry, mint choc, UU, vanilla and original were all yucky for me!

You obviously don’t like the very sweet sucralose flavours!
I’m with you on that

Edit: did you try adding cacao or flavour boosts to UU? I love UU because it doesn’t have the sucralose

1 Like

I didn’t like any of the flavour boosts. Cacao is too bitter for my tastes. Seems I’m just very fussy when it comes to Huel! Which is funny as when it comes to every other food, I can eat anything… And I have a huge sweet tooth :crazy_face:

I had such high hopes of Coffee Huel, but I find (like some others on this forum) that it simply doesn’t taste of coffee. It’s more like a toffee/caramel flavoured Instant Whip from the 1970s. It’s not unpleasant, but it is definitely not coffee-flavoured. I’ll get through this bag and go back to my trusty 30/70 mix of Original and U/U, with coffee added.

1 Like

That is a winner

Watch out, in the US they ended up removing OG in favor of the new vanilla without any warning or explanation as to why they won’t offer both :frowning:

Vanilla from last year was always a chore to drink for me . I had to force it down if I had run out of boost powders . Wouldn’t try it again .

Hey Josh as mentioned on the US forum we have tried to provide some explanation to you. We can’t go into too much detail because of what we have in store for you guys.

I believe an email did go out about Original being removed from the US store and it has been possible for last few weeks to continue to order Original via existing subscriptions.

1 Like

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth: Huel exclusive you heard it here first!

Dang, I’m guessing i won’t be seeing this soon

There’s a US forum? I thought this forum was international

This one is for UK and EU but yeah is kinda international.
There is a separate forum for the US (it’s called discourse.huel rather than discuss.huel) because the versions, ingredients, labelling and flavours differ in the US mainly because of food regulations / labelling regulations differences

3 Likes

Happy birthday @RyanT :partying_face: :clinking_glasses:

Thank you @Bee!

1 Like

You have a slice of cake next to your name, is it yours too?!

The US is a strange place. There’s an international forum and then there’s a US forum? The US also has the World Series but no other country takes part, there’s the worlds fair that’s only ever been in America, and many other things that I can’t think of right now, that sounds international but is actually US only it’s as if they think there their own planet or something.