Other non Huel foods tasting different with regular Huel usage

I have been using Huel for a couple weeks now and for the most part I love it. It tastes great with peanut butter powder and dark chocolate almond milk when I can make it like that at home, or just by itself mixed with water to get me through a long day at work. It helped me get past a weight loss plateau and I have noticed improvements in my running and muscular strength. I can lose fat and gain muscle while feeling satisfied and energetic.

I still eat regular food in the evening to prevent boredom, but I feel like some foods taste different now. I have to add more flavor. Things that use to taste good taste bland. Sometimes I just have more Huel instead because it is the only thing that sounds appetizing. If I go sometime without Huel the effect fades, and food tastes the way it used to. Maybe since I prefer my Huel quite thick I am overstimulating my taste buds, or perhaps it has to do with aftertaste. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Great to hear you’re doing well with Huel. I actually have the opposite on days where I only consume Huel until the evening: the main meal sensory effects are heightened.

1 Like