Questions and Help with Huel

Hello Huel

I recently brought the Huel black edition started it today I had the Caramel Coffee Flavour and I am wondering should I have it twice a day then have a proper meal in the evening or just one shack a day just looking for a healthier lifestyle.=)

Kind regards Lianli <3

There is no hard and fast rule. Do whatever works for you. I generally have 2 Huel meals during the day and a more conventional meal in the evening. Sometimes if I’m busy I forget to eat lunch and sometimes I skip breakfast. Sometimes I have 100% Huel days. Rarely I have no Huel.

One shake has 400 kcal. A normal adult usually needs 2000 kcal daily.

The best strategy would be to first calculate your energy need (there are several calculators on the internet) and then decide how many percent of it you want to get as liquid or solid food. This depends on your preferences and habits. And nobody here knows these better than you.

Hi Samuel

As Hunzas mentioned, do what’s right for you. Many people have different reasons for trying and using Huel so there are no hard and fast rules. Unless your body is already familiar with higher fibre/liquid meals, I would definitely suggest easing yourself into it with perhaps one meal of Huel a day to start off with and then build up to a level you feel comfortable with.

Variety is literally the spice of life so don’t be afraid to mix up your routine regularly to avoid boredom setting in.

Hey Lianli, welcome to the forum! Awesome to have you here and a great choice with Coffee Caramel BE, one of my faves!

Definitely echo what John and Phil have said. Ease into it and have Huel for your most inconvenient meals. I’m the same, breakfast and lunch are Huel, and then a traditional meal in the evening. Plus Huel and other snacks. If you swap Huel for any meal that wasn’t that nutritious then you’ll be well on the way!

Hi Lianli, many users report that it takes a while for the body to get used to Huel, so indeed the best advice is to introduce it slowly. In my case it took quite a while, I loved Huel but I had serious problems with gas/bloating. But now I’m happier than ever with Huel and overall my digestion is better than before. So I’m glad I stuck with it.
If you enjoy the Huel shakes, try different flavours/products! Or maybe check out ‘Huel recipes’ and start experimenting with super yummy Huel smoothies etc. This way it will never get boring.
And finally, I always use a blender to make it really smooth, crushing ice cubes first before adding water and Huel.