Questions I'm hoping I am not the only one clueless enough not to know the answers to

Hello

Reached 30 years old and somehow still clueless when it comes to health. Something I’m working on changing.

Decided to try Huel because of how simple and convenient it looks to use.

My question is about the %NRV on the back. are these percentages based on 100g of Huel or if you eat 4 meals of 122g?

My goal is to loose some weight. To do this I am sticking with 1 solid meal a day that i know the calories of and getting the rest from Huel running a 500-1000 Kcal deficit (1000 most days so far as I’m stuck being very sedentary with a knee injury)

Not expecting drastic results since I cant also include exercise until the knee surgery but am quite happy I am finally taking at least some effort to take care of myself.

Anything about the above sound like a bad idea or any suggestions on what i need to be aware of?

Hi there, thank for the post!

The NRVs refer to consuming 2000kcal of Huel. I.e. If you consumed 2000kcal of Huel you would hit 100% of your Vitamin A. If you are consuming less than 2000kcal then ideally you would be making up the deficit in other nutritionally balanced, healthy foods.

1000kcal deficit is quite extreme, generally we recommend 500kcal as we find this more maintainable. If you find yourself experiencing any problems, this could be the problem and I would recommend to increase your Huel consumption. However, whatever works for you is important and if you can maintain this then great; just don’t reduce the calorie consumption any more.

Hope this helps. Don’t hesitate to get back in touch!