RTD Incoming?

Saw this for the first time this morning, commence the hype train!

As expected, a few comments about the use of plastic. :frowning:

6 Likes

But, plasicā€¦

Just kidding. Take my money.

1 Like

Are we sure it will be plastic though?
Could be aluminum too.

And yes, in either case the debate will mainly be about that.

I for one am happy theyā€™re putting this product out. I had imagined before being on holiday not finding anything decent to eat (or being on a budget!) and just picking ready made Huel up from a soda vending machine instead of going to McDonalds.

More people will also get to know it through added convenience, letā€™s just hope the environmental impact of going Huel offsets the packaging impact. But Iā€™m sure Huel will have their answers ready for this.

1 Like

I would assume they wonā€™t supply in an aluminium bottle.

3 Likes

I need the ingredients and price tag plsss

Itā€™s a stretch, I know.
Not impossible though: some beers come in them, Red Bull had it once, special edition Coca Colaā€¦ itā€™s just a can in another form. Probably very expensive. Iā€™m also not assuming it will be metal. Justā€¦ keeping an open mind :-p

1 Like

Recycled but not virgin aluminium cans would be my preferred choice; followed by glass and then plastic. I think aluminium Huel cans would look very cool too.

Hi there,

https://sciencing.com/cost-recycle-aluminum-vs-plastic-24066.html

https://www.aluminiumtoday.com/news/view/alu-recycling-rate

Aluminium would be nice!!! Better recycling rate than:

1 Like

Recycling is a myth. What it actually means is ā€œPutting our plastic waste on a boat, shipping to China and leaving them to it.ā€.

1 Like

To an extent that is true, and thatā€™s even more reason not to use plastic - especially single use - whenever possible. However some plastic does get recycled, I would hope Huel RTD would use a percentage of recycled plastic in the bottles.

1 Like

I, for one, am incredibly excited about this.

That bottle looks super-cool, but they could make a can look pretty cool too.

Canā€™t wait to give it a try :slight_smile:

Canā€™t wait to tell you all more!

edit: canā€™t confirm or deny that your assumptions are correctā€¦

3 Likes

Tim,

Can you tell us the ETA/timeline for when you can tell us more? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

More information probably by the end of the month.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Something very exciting will be announced next week. Itā€™s been two years in the making, lots of hard work and dead ends but we finally got there. Very proud of the team for pulling it off.

Thatā€™s what @Julian Hearn put on his twitter.

Iā€™m just gonna hope heā€™s referring to chocolate premix powderā€¦ these guys are killing me :joy:

2 Likes

Do we have any idea on the pricing yet? I know it will cost more than powder and from a very quick look at other RTDā€™s out there Ā£2.70 is the average price for 500ml.

(and do we know the serving size)