Secret Huel products in development!?

Yeah it wasnā€™t supposed to be yellow more that weird bluey beige color they use for vanilla - it came out different in the rendering and - basically - I couldnā€™t be bothered to tweak it :innocent:

@Coup New day + more coffee = more motivation #completist

6 Likes

@Phil_C maybe you should copyright your designs in case Huel use them lol if they like one you could earn some money off them.

hmmm - I might have a spot of bother trying to copyright someone elseā€™s IP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Who was the vending company? And is this your own gym? Or just the gym you use?

Weā€™re interested in this for sure, itā€™s got a myriad of complexities though. However, if the gym that is buying the vending machine makes requests for products, like Huel, then it makes it much easier for us to start a conversation with them.

@Phil_C love the designs, your red one is probably a little colourful for us. Love the idea on Huel Black RTD.

1 Like

Yeah that was literally a hypothetical suggestion for future markets where white is not a popular colour for whatever superstitious reason - like death :laughing:

I can see David Lloyd leisure centres being a good place to get RTD in. They already sell a couple of different protein shakes in their restaurant chiller (pHd and another I canā€™t recall right now).
Iā€™m fairly sure the one local to me would be happy to stock it - itā€™s the kind of thing they sell, and the price of the RTD would seem very average amongst the prices of the rest of their stuff.

If Huel Black RTD is going to be a thing then this would be popular in gym environments.

I wonder if the product development team would consider looking into a Huel Sport Edition - high protein high carb low fat - for recovery after workoutsā€¦

Works pretty nicely in a bar format tooā€¦

8 Likes

@Tim_Huel
The gym is the gym that I use as a member. It is part of a sports centre for a University. The SC has public and university members. Originally, I enquired from the company in 2013. This was because I wanted to know why certian products were unavailable. I seem to recall them being called Essex Vending Supplier (or services). The vending machines are now being managed by Pelican Rouge. These include the chilled drinks units and the snack machine. I will be writing to them in the near future because there are certain items I would like stocked.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate that @Phil_C has designed better looking products then the actual company
Your doing a cracking job phil :+1:

7 Likes

Bit harsh but yes thatā€™s amazing, a very marketable skill. And I really like the Chinese New Year design

Donā€™t get me wrong I love the simplicity of huels design and I think it works really well with the product but phils designs are something else.
If someone told me theyā€™d made fan art of huel products Iā€™d think they were stupid but now i think its a great idea

1 Like

To be contrary here, I prefer the artistic bands of colour across Huelā€™s own bar wrappers, as opposed to the coloured circleā€¦

1 Like

I found out today from the man who restocks the machine that some vending machine companies do not stock certain items of they believe them to be age restricted. This includes ā€˜energy drinksā€™ ( a term with which I despise in an academic and social sense) and protein shakes. I donā€™t know what these vending companies will make of Huel.

I like them too and think they work even better on the RTD the reason I went for solid circles and bands in the concepts was to distance them as a clearly defined separate product not a suggested replacement

1 Like

Thatā€™s really kind of you to say but honestly ā€“ the real talent here is the person who came up with the original concept. Designing a brand mark that ticks all the boxes of looking ageless, relevant, visually appealing and retaining long term recognition is incredibly difficult and whoever hit upon the Huel branding did a cracking job.

The concepts Iā€™ve done on here for the redesigned RTD ā€˜sqroundā€™ bottle, Lunar New Year Special Ed and Black/Pro range extensions are just iterative evolutions of that original design. Just like in construction ā€“ building on a strong foundation makes your work much easier.

Iā€™ve just opened my delivery of 3 Huel Black bags and the packaging looks amazing ā€“ every bit as good as the marketing material and far sexier than a bag of flour has any right to.

In some respects, Huelā€™s use of a strong Helvetica logo and heavily contrasting design reminds me of one of my favourite logo designs ā€“ FedEx. As far as branding goes this is pretty much a work of genius. The FedEx logo is legendary among designers and has won over 40 international design awards. It was ranked as one of the eight best brand logos in the American Icon issue of Rolling Stone magazine.

Designed in 1994 by the San Francisco office of Landor Associates - whatā€™s special about the logo isnā€™t just the vibrant colours or the bold lettering. Itā€™s as famous for the use of negative space creating the white arrow between the E and the x.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad that Iā€™m not the only person who got turned on by a picture of packaged powder. ( Ķ”Ā° ĶœŹ– Ķ”Ā°)

3 Likes

Same here. Arrived today. Looks great doesnā€™t it?! I thought exactly the same.

Iā€™ve seen this logo thousands of times and not once noticed the arrow :woman_facepalming:t3:
Or have Iā€¦?
Maybe itā€™s so good itā€™s gone in subliminally

Did you ever notice the arrow in Amazon goes from A to Z, like Amazonā€™s products?

20180911090509731amazon_logo_RGB