Seriously tired of dealing with DPD

Good luck with that. I have a massive sign telling couriers where to deliver and many of them don’t in or can’t read it. If they can’t find the sign they won’t find my door.

Please reach out to our CX team at team@huel.com, we can communicate with DPD to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I changed my pick up shop in the app as sometimes I had issues with my Huel going to my local Rowlands chemist. Either it was refused, not able to deliver or the parcel wasn’t suitable for the drop off shop.
But after a while of not understanding why as it didn’t make sense,apart from maybe on certain days there maybe was too many parcels for the small chemist to take in. I realised the main reason. I noted the time of attempted delivery was sometimes between 1 and 2 PM, well the chemist post covid now closes for lunch between 1 and 2PM. So I changed the pick up shop in the app to a corner grocery shop, one of them 7 -11 shops, and up to now after about 1 year have had no issues .

2 Likes

Nice to hear of problems finding solutions. :+1:

I’m sorry people are having bad experiences, but just to weigh in I hope Huel don’t leave DPD for another courier - they’re by far the best I’ve ever dealt with. Not perfect, but better than the others.

2 Likes

I asked for my Huel order today to be delivered to pick up shop but nah 5 hours after I changed it the driver was banging on an occupied property door. Ever vigilant and with my CCTV camera, I said he was in the wrong place and it was for me.

DPD here has gone to shite. They used to be good.

I feel in the minority with DPD always having been great for me, both delivering to work and home over like a 5 year span.

2 Likes

As I’ve said before, DPD are usually great in my area. As a rule, deliveries are left in my safe place out of sight of the road if I don’t answer the door right away. This morning a delivery (not Huel) was left on my doorstep and the driver did a quick knock on the door and dashed off leaving my front gate open. They normally close the gate behind them. Fortunately, I was at home so was able to bring the boxes indoors straight away. I imagine it gets pretty hectic this time of year and drivers are overloaded but even so…

Don’t like DPD either. Years ago a guy literally dropped the “we missed you paper” through the postbox as we were home and the fucker RAN away, coz he mustve forgotten to actually bring the parcel.

Then recently he dropped the note through the side door while I had in the meantime opened the front door (had to come from attic) and he just drove off hahaha

Another time a parcel was dropped off at a drop off location but was missing, when I called DPD they hung up on me after I waited in the queue for a while lmao. Luckily Huel fixed everything afterwards

Oh boy I am not a DPD fan that’s for sure

I had a non Huel DPD order due to arrive today. Apparently they tried to deliver it at 4.10 pm but no they didn’t. Shockingly bad service.

1 Like

I’ve always been a big fan of DPD. I lived in my last house for 6 years and never once had an issue with DPD. The drivers were sound and always were calm.

I’ve moved house and county and I’ve had about 4 deliveries from DPD now. One was stolen by the driver. It was “delivered” on the app but there was no photo and a made up name of who signed for it and the parcel was nowhere to be seen and it took me ages to get a replacement from the company (not Huel). Every other delivery the driver is literally running from and to the van.

3 Likes

There are quite a few videos online of EVRi drivers leaving parcels outside of house, photographing them, then coming back and stealing them.

That’s really the worst of the worst companies.

2 Likes

God another (non-Huel related) DPD experience…

Driver supposedly missed me at the house, even tho 3 of us were in, then drops it off 22 mins away when a pickup shop is under 5mins away and when I pick up the parcel: it’s open. Guess they had a nice look at my new phone and earbuds.
DPD needs to be slapped lmao

So I had another non-delivered non-Huel DPD order today and eventually got my local depot to call me back.

They had tried to deliver to another wrong address (not one of the usual half dozen wrong addresses, so good work there guys).

The chap on the phone said that DPD has a nationwide issue with driver shortages [Probably a shite job and low pay for the aggro.] and so are recruiting other 3rd party delivery companies and a lot of people who “can’t read or speak English very well” (his words). I asked about delivering to a Pick-Up shop in another town (as highlighted by @AllBecomesGood above) and he said these non-DPD drivers are allocated a single pick-up shop within a 3-mile radius as it saves time and they can dump all the missed deliveries there rather than faff about going to several pick-up shops to offload them - (and get down the boozer while the sun is still shining. With nights drawing in they need to finish by 2pm - my input there).

They’ve also lost another parcel of mine which I have been told to claim for. Sweet!!

1 Like

they are indeed very low pay considering the job effort - especially for the freelance or contract drivers. Even big companies like DHL say contract drivers ‘have the potential to earn £200 a day’ I guess that is a theoretically possible scenario if they work till they drop and all the deliveries are in the same area. they don’t mention that out of that, the contractor has to pay for their own van lease, road tax, fuel, insurance (car & liability), income tax etc - so not really surprising there isn’t a queue of people lining up for the job.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a job with a high turnover of staff - all the good ones don’t last long.

My Huel delivery of H&S today didn’t get delivered by DPD even though it was supposed to be.

Hi everyone, I’m going to close this topic as it’s gone a little off course and isn’t relevant to the forum.

As mentioned in the banner at the top of the page if you have a question about your order, delivery or upcoming deliveries please WhatsApp us or email team@huel.com.

You will be put in touch with our amazing customer service team who will be able to resolve your issue faster than any post to the forum will.

The purpose of the forum is to have great conversations and polite debate about Huel and Huel-adjacent topics.

1 Like