Setting my calorie intake for weight loss

Hello!
I would very much like to get down to my ideal weight.
I have used Huel before as a complete meal replacement and apart from some excess gas, my body operates fine, so I plan on doing the same again.
I am a 43 year old male, rather sedentary lifestyle during the winter, walking a few miles a day at work.
I am 180cm and 92 kg. According to my TDEE I require 2202 calories per day.
A 100g serving = 400 kcal, so if I were to have 4 100g servings a day would lose a decent amount of weight without causing energy loss?
Thank you!

Sounds like a solid plan. :slight_smile:

However, energy loss and hunger are to be expected in caloric deficit. Some get it worse than others, but as long as you know it’s normal.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply! I’m utterly okay with a little hunger and some energy loss. I am just hoping that the much lower calorie intake doesn’t cause too much lethargy.

I think you’ll be fine, especially with 4 meals (as opposed to just 3). A calorie deficit of 500 calories is considered normal/safe/etc for weight loss. With the deficit you have in mind you can expect to lose 0.5-0.6 kg per week. It might be a good idea to weigh yourself every now and then to see if your calorie burn is as you expected it to be. If you’re losing faster, you can eat a bit more. If you’re not losing as much, you’re likely burning less than you think. Best of luck!