Shaker bottle

Hi
so i got my first order today with the shaker bottle, i thought the shaker bottle had one of the metal things in that helped mix the powder? mine didn’t come with one,

i mixed up a bottle and shook it for a while but it was still lumpy and had unmixed powder in the bottom

Don’t add the powder first it will just stay at the bottom and never dissolve. I can’t seem to get rid of the lumps no matter how long I shake for so I just use a fork to stir it and break up all the lumps. (It’s not completely smooth but at least I don’t choke on any lumps) I think most people use a blender. it might be worth getting one. Hope this helps

2 Likes

thank you :slightly_smiling_face: i’ll give that a go,
so it the bottle not ment to come with a round metal ball thing?

Nope. as @Berserker said, stick the water in first, add the powder, shake, add a bit more water if required. No lumps.

Anyone else have the problem that a ton of powder ends up stuck inside the lid? I shake then pop the cap open to top up with more water and there’s often thick gunge and even dry powder in there. I try to swish everything around before shaking so there’s no dry powder hitting the top, but I can’t get it to work consistently.

I always seem to get a few small lumps, even with a mixer ball.

Hmm I very rarely get powder stuck in the cap… I only start with 400ml of water, what about you?

Exactly the same.

Is everyone just shaking theirs? Mine come out too lumpy though just shaking alone.

Hmm gotta work on that swirl and smash technique young man

1 Like

I do get a few small lumps but not many at all. Definitely don’t get the kind of lumps that break into a dry powdery mess in your mouth, had a few of those early on. But I kind of like little lumps, gives you something to chew on

1 Like

I used a Nutribullet at first but sod rinsing that thing out every time. Now I just shake. Maybe I should get a stick blender as a nice middle ground.

It’s weird how crap I am because my wrist action is second to none.

1 Like

I don’t mind little lumps

1 Like

I don’t own a gravy boat so I actually do make gravy in a Huel shaker bottle :joy: NOT BY SHAKING! Shaking hot liquids in your Huel shakers will cause a lot of pressure to build up and can end up in a scalding explosion. Be careful stirring with a fork too, metal forks will scratch the inside of the shaker

1 Like

Ayyy there it is

1 Like

I use a NutriBullet too and make one batch which I decant into the Huel shaker, then make a second batch straight away and leave that in the NutriBullet jug which I put in the fridge. I rinse the blades lightly between batches.

1 Like

I like my huel like I like my women. Little lumps you can chew.

This is the most horrifying one so far

2 Likes

Swirl then shake side to side before end to end. Finish with a good shake in all directions. I also find the use of a shaker ball helps.

1 Like

Yeah that’s very annoying, but easily prevented: the trick is to swirl, or shake very gently, until liquid has covered the top layer of powder. Then shake as vigorously as you like.

1 Like

I’ve found if I’m doing on a 3 meals a day schedule, I’m putting in 160g of Huel / meal. For that, I’ve found the 1L Smartshake does the job with a mixerball from a different shaker. In a smaller shaker, it just doesn’t shake enough.