Sore throat after starting Huel Black

Hi, I’ve recently moved from Ready to Drink Huel to Huel Black, and I’ve noticed I get an immediate sore/scratchy throat after drinking Huel Black.

Is there a specific ingredient in Huel Black that isn’t in the Ready to Drink version, that I might be having a reaction to?

It’s not a big discomfort, more like I feel a cold coming on but then passes after 3-4 hours.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Adam

flaxseed and tapioca can both trigger mild allergic reactions (OAS) that manifest themselves as itchy/sore throats. have you had issues with an allergy to tapioca before?

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed a reaction to flaxseed or tapioca before, and I eat both fairly often. I wonder if it’s a level of concentration of either (or both)?
The odd thing is the ready drink has both in it as well, as I have no issue with that.

yeah both have, but I’m guessing black edition has more of a concentration of tapioca whereas the other products have it in smaller amounts for improving texture smoothness.

Out of interest how do you prepare it? Have you tried putting it in the fridge for 3-4 hours to see if this helps? I find it helps make it less bitty so may help you if somehow the bits are irritating your throat.