Thai Curry H&S

I always add a splash of tommy sauce to stuff if it seems lacking in something, maybe we’ve discovered the secret ingredient…

2 Likes

Haha, possibly! I really enjoyed it, when before I was dreading it.

That’s good then, always a positive to look forward to something rather than dreading it. Glad you found something that works.

1 Like

I can’t eat it without additional salt, I don’t want to add salt too often so I eat it in limited amounts :joy:

Coming from someone who’s made a lot of Thai Green Curry; it seems to lack the depth of umami that you would get from adding a dash of Nam Pla and/or Soya Sauce :thinking:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. Not everyones’ tastes are the same so it’s good to add your own bit of flavouring as and when you want.

Found Thai Green Curry incredibly bland. Will try some of the ideas posted in here

1 Like

I don’t think it’s bland at all! But a dash of soy sauce does make it even tastier

1 Like

Hi
I add 2x egg white to my huel portion (mix first with water).
I shake and put 4/5 mn in microwave 900W.
Then I mix with a fork.
In the end looks like tasty scramble eggs.
I add parsley, some cherry tomatoes and ham pieces or my favorite italian saussage.

It tastes much better than just eating the Huel powder mixed with water.
Enjoy !

Eric, I won’t lie I didn’t read the thread title then and honestly thought you were doing this with v3.0 and had a minor convulsion in my seat.

Hot & Savoury - thank goodness! That sounds great. Whatever works for you!

2 Likes

I improved my favorite receipe …

I first mix onion wedges, minced wok vegetables, garlic, tomato sauce (all frozen) and spices + vegetable stock and cook them in a pan with olive oil during a few minutes so that vegetables remain crunchy.
I mix 2 scoops of black Huel H&S with water or almond milk. I add 2x egg white.
I pour the Huel mix in the pan with the vegetables and cook a couple more minutes.
I serve hot or cold.

So tasty !!!

Personally I was quite impressed by how favourable the Thai green curry is!
But thinking about my local Thai restaurant you could add coriander, coconut milk,fish sauce,lime zest and garlic cloves. These are the ingredients of a fresh Thai Green curry!

If you are vegetarian substitute the fish sauce with a good soya sauce

Like Japanese Kikoman

Hi

I just got my bags of H&S and the Thai Green Curry is by far the worst one for me. So bad I will have to put it in the bin because it was nothing like a Thai green curry and pretty much inedible. I was confused how this is the most popular… I go to Thailand a lot so im familiar with the real taste of a Thai green curry. This is way off and it was gloopy - two scoops and water up the line in the measuring cup. Think I’m doing it right. I want a meal ready to go, not to have to add things to it to improve it. I make Thai green curry anyway but the H&S meal was meant to be a quick/nutritional lunch time meal. Waste of money on this one for me.

there’s really nothing to be confused about - everybody’s taste perception is completely different to each other so there will never be a consensus :slight_smile:

Please don’t throw it away! We’d hate for it to go to waste.

I’d definitely recommend adding 175ml boiling water (or regular water, and using the microwave). My personal preference is to make both this and the Korma a bit thicker than the suggested line. Please note, the line is only a suggestion and we do encourage adapting how you make it to find what works for you the best!

If you really aren’t a fan, please do drop the Customer Experience team an email at team@huel.com.

It’s one of my favourites too. Along with Mexican and Mac and cheeze