The Ultimate Huel Recipe Compilation

:open_mouth: :see_no_evil:

Yes of course you can use the images. I made them with Huel Black because I currently have 6 bags of Black and no white but it shouldn’t matter. You can also use White for this.

:scream: The horror…

1 Like

I’m new to Huel and am finding it quite hard to get down! This post has helped enormously, I’ve been to the supermarket and stocked up on items suggested on this thread to hopefully make it more palatable for me, so thank you for taking the time to put this together :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still think the classic recipe of coffee granules, almond milk and ice cubes is the best.

1 Like

That’s the beauty of it. Some like it simple; some prefer to experiment.

Peanut butter, Banana, Spoon of cinnamon and Huel Vanilla (plus choice of milk, depending on the mood) is the one I enjoy the most.

Thank you it means a lot. Truly it’s thanks to the community who have created so many recipes and shared; as well as Huel that the piece exists.

Do those only work for regular Huel or are there also some that work for Black Edition? Which ones?

Most recipes are for Huel Powder. Some of them can work with Huel Black, such as:

• 100g of Chocolate Huel.
  • 1 tsp of salt.
  • 1-2 tsp of cinnamon (to your liking).
  • 1tsp of cayenne pepper.

• 400ml water.
  • 100g Vanilla Huel.
  • 1 full tablespoon of publix natural peanut butter (or your preferred peanut butter brand).
  • 2 big tablespoons of plain applesauce.
  • Cinnamon.

• 1 tsb of cardamon pods.
  • 1 tsb of allspice.
  • 2 tsb of cinnamon.
  • ½ tsb of cloves.
  • 1tsb of ground ginger.
  • 2 scoops of Huel

• Tumeric.
  • Cinnamon.
  • Black pepper.
  • Coconut oil (1tsp or less).
  • 400ml coconut milk.
  • 2 scoops Huel Vanilla.

Or the standard Add 1 scp of peanut butter and 1 ripped banana (touch of cinnamon Optional). Consume with almond milk or water or (50/50). This is one of my favourite recipes for the Original and works well with HB.

A lot of the recipes them will work with both, but it will depend on:

• What’s your flavour preference? E.g. Do you like adding forest fruits, peanut butter, cinnamon, spices…
  • What are you trying to change about Huel Black?
  • How much do you care about changing the macros? When you add ingredients you need to be careful with how many extra calories, fat, carbs, protein you are adding.

Easiest tricks in the book are:

• Add milk or plant-based milk
  • Spices (cinnamon, tumeric, vanilla etc.)
  • PB, Honey, Cacao powder, coconut, coffee
  • Fruits (banana, red berries, mango, kiwi) - anything that you would put in the smoothie
  • Flavourings (from Huel or otherwise)

Some more threads:

or some comments above:

gredients:

• 2 scoops of Berry Huel → Swap for vanilla Black
  • 1 medium banana
  • 100g frozen mixed berries
  • 450ml water
2 Likes

If people are using cinnamon regularly can you please make sure you are using Ceylon Cinnamon. Most supermarket stuff is Cassia Cinnamon because it’s cheaper but it has been linked with some nasty side effects in regular quantities especially for those suffering diabetes or taking tablets for liver related problems.

I get a Ceylon Cinnamon powder from Amazon for not much money but it contains far less quantities of Coumarin (which is the main potentially dangerous compound of Cassia Cinnamon.)

This is just an uneducated comment but I’ve seen enough studies involving real life incidents to be cautious.

1 Like

It’s the “better” one in terms of taste for me too, so it’s not that unreasonable. Perhaps, I should.

Thank you for the suggestion

For the record, I would never suggest this as “healthy” but it was delicious. So there is a dairy not terribly far from me that my family normally gets staples from (milk, cheese, cream, etc.) So like normal they started making Egg Nog recently for the upcoming holiday demand. I saw a half gallon of it in the fridge this morning and the gears in my head started turning. So…

35 G Huel 3.0 Vanilla
35 G Huel Black Peanut Butter
Liberal Dash of Cinnamon
1 Cup Fresh Egg Nog
2 Cups Cashew Milk

The result was more delicious than any milkshake I have ever had in my life. It was absolutely exquisite. I am glad my wife and our 2 kids are likely to polish the stuff off quickly, as I don’t need any more Egg Nog lying around.

2 Likes

How do you like the Black Peanut Butter?

@Phil_C I like it, but it is not something I could drink daily. It does not have the mix in versatility of other flavors either. But a couple of times a week when I am needing to get my peanut butter fix, it hits the spot.

I guess - but you could try it with adding either chocolate, strawberry, gingerbread, apple & cinnamon or berry flavour boosts too.

So most recipes only work for regular powder but not Black Edition?

Well, not all has to be healthy. My B&J Huel shake is not healthy either, but it’s delish.

:slight_smile:

Regarding the baking ones I don’t know, because I haven’t used HB for it, and I don’t know if it will behave the same way (having less carbs).

As for the smoothies, I think almost all of them can work with Huel Black. I’m just personally not the biggest fan of Black, because I think it tastes too strongly of pea; thus I try to hide it by mixing with sweeter/stronger flavours.

The better way of phrasing it is, most recipes have been designed with Huel Powder on mind, but can work with both.

Not so much that, it’s just that the peanut butler has a pretty bold flavor profile. If you mix it up by itself it literally tastes like drinking a shaker full of Jiff. It tends to overpower anything else I mix in with it.

Though as @Phil_C suggests I probably need to do some more experimenting with it. Don’t get me wrong, I love having it in my Arsenal (like most Americans I love anything peanut butter) but it just does not have the same utility to me as something like vanilla or chocolate.

What I don’t like at black edition is the use of steviol instead of sucralose…but now that you mention it the strange aftertaste might also be due to its main protein source.

So I guess you don’t like unflavoured/unsweetened? Most recipes use that one…

I get where you’re coming from on that but I think for some recipes that won’t really matter. Today I made a large multi-meal batch of Portobello Stroganoff and instead of using cream, I made up a batch of Black UU and pea milk. It worked a treat – very creamy texture and the spices in the recipe totally masked its taste. As it was only added in the simmering stage, probably not too much damage to its nutrients either.

2 Likes

That looks lovely Phil. It’s making my mouth water.

1 Like