🍝 They've done it again - Pasta Bolognese is now nutritionally complete

Yaaaaay! I’ve been waiting for bolognese. I’m so glad I didn’t order yesterday!

1 Like

Would you be able to sieve out the pasta included in the bag, and replace with gf pasta? Maybe it wouldnt hydrate in the same way, and I know its a hassle, but thought I’d Id suggest it anyway :woman_shrugging:

Yes I guess I could. Just seems like a bit of waste of the pasta that’s in the bag already! I have bought some tinned vegan Bolognese so I guess I’ll just use that. I like the Huel hot and savoury for the speed and convenience. Sifting the pasta out kinda takes that away from it!

But thanks for the comment xx

Bit like my gran with her stew. You can just pick the bits of meat out.

1 Like

If only more vegans were so accommodating and easy to please :laughing:

5 Likes

At the moment no, sorry for that. In development stages we tried so many gluten-free pastas and they have always been massively inferior. So much so we couldn’t go with them. We’ve tried GF pastas from a range of different ingredients like corn, sweet potato, quinoa. The problems are a number of things - awful texture, won’t hydrate without boiling like regular pasta or just exorbitantly expensive.

1 Like

I didn’t think so. I guess the only other option would be huel hot and savoury “sauces”. So you can add your own rice or pasta or couscous. Not sure if that is even commercially viable.

But thanks for letting me know you tried! Normal wheat pasta is definitely superior. I haven’t found one that matches the flavour and texture so I completely understand.

1 Like

Just tried it… and it’s now my favourite H&S!! Quite a rich flavour, and definitely very bolognese like! Great job team!!
These pasta H&S varieties have all been really superb :+1:

7 Likes

Adding my voice here to say I would 100% buy these!

1 Like

That sounds a great idea!

1 Like

Surely the non-pasta ones are already that? Before the mush & cajun, I made a quick evening meal from TGC, madras & korma with the steam bags of veggies (ones from Aldi are biggest & best), quorn mince +/or orzo pasta. Easy peasy and takes same time as waiting fir the penne to swell…

1 Like

It’s more for the pastas as I agree that the others are more saucy based. I’ve had them with added meat or rice before

Does it go as well with a glass of red?

1 Like

You’ve smashed it! It’s delicious and now my favourite! :smiley:

What next? Could we have a Carbonara? Or how about go down a couscous route and Moroccan Tagine? The possibilities are endless!

3 Likes

Oh I would love a Moroccan themed flavour, love that style of cooking. Nice suggestions, thanks!

So pleased you guys are loving our bolognese!

2 Likes

Maybe a non pasta H&S?
I know they are a success and one of the things I love about Huel is I don’t need to eat as many wheat products (bread, pasta cous-cous etc)

2 Likes

Wow!! My new favourite, and I didn’t think anything could beat the Mac ‘n Cheeze. Today I added some nutritional yeast and green olives - loving it

1 Like

Just the same here. M&C and the Bolognese are sooooo yummmmy. I even love it when the pasta is still a bit crunchy. And the best part: my husband likes the Bolognese too. Unfortunately I only ordered 1 bag of each flavour :crazy_face:.

Oooh nice idea. Not tried nutritional yeast but olives sounds like a delicious addition.

@kassandra - from this :point_down:

To this…

It’s happening! Can we now call your husband a Hueligan?! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

:laughing: He also joined me with the coffee-chocolate-shake for breakfast :rofl: (….and wow, you remembered :star_struck:?!)

1 Like