Time for two textures?

Hi everyone! Like quite a few people on here I really liked the vanilla v2.2 and was on a rolling order delivery. It had a great flavour and also a lovely oaty, creamy texture that was satiating and I genuinely enjoyed. Since v2.3 has come out I’m finding that it doesn’t mix nearly as well, is bitty and has lost that lovely creamy texture. I understand that Huel are trying to please everyone’s taste by balancing nutrition vs flavour vs texture…perhaps it would be a good idea to make two different textures so that us ‘thickies’ can keep the v2.2 consistency and ‘thinnies’ can have theirs too…then more people can enjoy their fab product…it’s not just about flavour, texture is as important :slight_smile:

Hi there, thanks for the message and for sharing your opinion. It’s a really difficult one, the more options we offer at checkout the more complicated the process becomes for a new customer. There is already confusion with 3 varieties, let alone adding a forth to the mix. We have traditional resisted releasing multiple different versions of Huel with small iterations in (Gluten-free and New & Improved/Original are the two times we have), with thickness you can simply add less water to make it more thick, or easily add a little more gum which can be purchased widely.

In addition we love the consistency of v2.3, but there was no change in consistency between v2.2 and v2.3, but there was a change in consistency from v2.1-v2.2. So any difference you are experiencing between v2.2 and v2.3 is either placebo or so small our new product development team couldn’t detect it.

In addition, it seems like most are pleased with the consistency of Huel at the moment. I’m not saying this poll is necessarily representative of every Hueler necessarily though. It’s worth noting that we’ve typically found it difficult to please everyone all the time.

It’s certainly worth raising the debate, but currently we don’t feel like there is enough reason to change the consistency when simply altering the amount of water you use can solve this issue.

Thank you for your reply Tim, though I’m pretty sure my opinion isn’t ‘placebo’ driven.

There is a clear difference between 2.2 and 2.3 which are noted in other threads by other users. I think is was hoping for keeping the 2.2 as an option but it seems that isn’t viable.Thank you for your reply once again.

If you’re looking to add more of a creamy texture without damaging the nutrition you could add some MCT powder I do to mine just to up the calories a little but I also add it to coffee as a creamer. Works wonders.

Also, using milk and or chia seeds (sparingly!) makes it a bit gloopier.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Tim. I didn’t know it was as easy as adding “a little more gum”. Might be a stupid question, but is there any simple way (other than flooding the shaker with water which I’m having to do or using less Huel) to thin the consistency in a similar way to using the gum? Thanks.