Time to finally lose some weight

Interestingly my normal one hour gym session now seems to have levelled out at about 380 calories burned. Makes sense as I’m a lot stronger and fitter than I was 11 weeks ago, but it’s good to see an indicator that I’m getting fitter and adapting to weight training. My resting heart rate has also come down. Now if I could only lose some of this fat too all would be good.

Having said that, I took another set of pictures and I can definitely see a difference from the last set from nine weeks ago. I’ve lost fat off my back, arms, legs and face. Plus all those sets of 200kg leg presses mean that I appear to be developing what I believe is referred to as a “booty” :joy:

2 Likes

Well done! You are doing so well and it’s great to be able to see your progress - congratulations!

1 Like

I have found a new favourite flavour. Vanilla premix with 200ml unsweetened almond milk and 300ml water with 80g frozen strawberries and a dash of white chocolate flavour drops. Tastes like white chocolate and strawberry muffins!

Definitely felt like comfort food today as I’ve had a rubbish cold and blocked sinuses since Sunday. This really hit the spot.

7 Likes

Another day, another new flavour experiment. Today my usual base (75g Vanilla powder plus 300ml water and 200ml unsweetened almond milk) but with a Granny Smith Apple and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Have to say I really like it. Not as sweet as some other fruit mixes. Tempted to add some raisins next time as well to make it taste more like oat, cinnamon and raisin cookies.

Weight is still on a steady downward trend:

More importantly though I’m still changing shape. My waist and hips are smaller, my arms are slimmer and some of the heaviness is gone from my legs so it seems that my lymphoedema is also improving. No dramatic weight changes and I’m far from the speedy weight loss that I see some other people recording but I’m making steady progress on my goals to get fitter and lose body fat. I’ve got a progress check dexascan booked for Thursday so interested to see what has changed from a body composition perspective.

5 Likes

Follow up dexascan today. In the last 13 weeks I’ve lost 2.1kg fat and gained 0.24kg muscle. Considering I’ve been weight training to try and minimise muscle loss I’m really pleased to have actually managed to gain some muscle mass instead. I’ll take that as a win.
I’ve also managed to increase my bone density by 1.2% which is great.
One measurement is very odd though. According to the scan I’ve gained 1.8kg muscle in my left leg and 1.5kg in my right leg. But at the same time apparently I’ve gained 0.9kg fat in both legs. I suspect this is related to my lymphoedema as I have no idea how the scan reads the fluid retention and whether it shows as fat mass or lean mass.
Still, overall it’s pretty positive so I’ll take that.

7 Likes

Another day, another flavour experiment. I’m trying to use up my bag of coffee Huel (not keen, prefer vanilla with added coffee) so today I tried:
75g coffee Huel
200ml unsweetened almond milk
300ml water
1 tsp Lavazza prontissimo instant coffee
30g chopped walnuts
15g almond butter

It tastes good. I’d maybe want it with a touch of sweetness in future, but good post gym food. Calories are much higher than usual though at 620. I think I’d go with 20g walnuts and skip the almond butter next time to drop the calories a bit.

1 Like

Much later than planned but today’s weigh in saw me break through the 16st barrier and come in at 15st 13lbs which has made me ridiculously happy.
This is the lowest weight I’ve been since Nov 2015. I also feel fitter and stronger than I have in years.
Sadly I have another business trip next week so I know it’ll jump back up because of water retention from flying, but it’ll come back down again.
Onwards towards 15st 7lbs…

11 Likes

Turns out there was an error with my scan analysis. So fat loss in the last 13 weeks is actually higher (2.581kg) and lean mass gain is also higher (0.749kg). Super happy as that means I’m gaining almost exactly 0.5lb muscle per month which is pretty damn good in a calorie deficit whilst also losing body fat :muscle:t2::+1:t2::ok_hand:t2:

7 Likes

Resurrecting this thread as after a bumpy end to last year I’m back on a downward trend. I basically stayed steady around the 16st - 16st 4lb area until the end of November and then various birthdays (including mine) and Christmas meant I jumped back up again. My trendweight graph looks interesting but at least the overall trend continues to be downward. I was 18st 4lbs back at the end of May 2017 and 16st 3lbs now so I’m a walking definition of slow but continuing weight loss. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your journey I’m really inspired!

I’ve always started with “finally get to it” too, I like your attitude. Your progress is great, just be aware of yourself and your body, listen to yourself.