Tips and tricks for Protein?

Hi all,

I’ll be testing out Protein from tonight. Basically my diet looks like:
-BE for breakfast (400 kcal)
-non-Huel low carb lunch (~900 kcal)
-some snack (usually healthy but not always) (~2-300kcal)
-Heineken Zero (100 kcal) :slight_smile:
-evening ham+cheese and some crackers (~5-600 kcal)

I would love to replace the last option with Protein, however a 105 kcal (or double for 600ml) shake may be a bit weak nutrition- (and hungerwise). I know I could try BE for dinner also, but I love to experiment.
Did any of you craft any recipes for it? Like added fruits/blended in something/etc? What have worked and what haven’t?

thanks

You mean replace the ham and cheese with Huel? Have you considered the Hot & Savoury for your evening meal? It looks like you’re trying to reduce your intake of carbohydrates in your day (BE, low-carb lunch etc), so perhaps that why you haven’t.

To answer your question I haven’t done anything experimental with protein yet! Would love to hear if people have.

You mean replace the ham and cheese with Huel?

Correct.

Have you considered the Hot & Savoury for your evening meal?

I have. It’s amazing for lunch. Unfortunately I don’t really dig hot meals for dinner :confused: I always do cold ones.

To answer your question I haven’t done anything experimental with protein yet! Would love to hear if people have.

Thanks! Hope someone knows something.I will also play with it - should/can I blend it though?

Would not recommend; all the Huel will just fall off your crackers.

Personally I’d go the Huel Bar route instead, about right for nutrition and kcal with less fuss.

4 Likes

Would not recommend; all the Huel will just fall off your crackers.

Yeah I knew I had to watch my wording… :smiley:

Personally I’d go the Huel Bar route instead, about right for nutrition and kcal with less fuss.

thanks for the tip.

1 Like

I blend a scoop of complete protein with half a frozen banana, 100g of frozen fruit, 60g soya yogurt and 300ml water. Mine comes in at around 280cal but you could easily bump this up a little if you wanted to.

1 Like