Violent diarrhea from Daily Greens

So I’m not a new Huel user. I’ve been having different Huel products over the years on and off. My main issue has always been the diarrhea it causes. The common recommendation has been to introduce it slowly but I’ve had no success. The Hot & Savory product line is the only one (along with the bars) that somehow doesn’t cause diarrhea.

When Huel came out with Daily Greens, I was super excited since it would be a direct competitor to AG1 and potentially better. I ordered 2 packs of Daily Greens and my shipment arrived today. I had 1 scoop with water and not 30 minutes have passed by when I had to lock myself in the bathroom for an hour.

What is it with Huel products that causes diarrhea in people? Can something be done to help with it? I love the idea but just can’t use it!

2 Likes

Well, everyones gut behaves different to each other so people will have different triggers. As Greens is only available in the US at the moment - you may get more answers over on the American forum.

‘Violent’ diarrhea for an hour?
I’d be calling emergency services.

1 Like

I’d be calling You’ve been framed

3 Likes

You’d empty out like a bag of icing. Horrifying way to go.

2 Likes

Bulllllshiiiiiiit

It sounds like it would be worth dropping us an email so that we can chat through this. Please email support@huel.com and we can assist :blush:

I’m in the UK and having the same issue with Daily Greens that many others are experiencing, a google search led me to a discussion on Reddit with lots of people experiencing the same.

The first batch I had didn’t affect me straight away but after being out of the country for a week and not having the greens, the first morning back in the country I had some again and I started to feel nauseous after 2 hours, followed by vomiting and then bad diarrhea.

That batch ran out and I waited a couple of weeks for the next bag, I had some this morning and the same again, 2 hours after having the greens I started feeling really nauseous, cold sweats, then heavy vomiting followed by really, really violent diarrhea. I feel drained and my head is fuzzy.

I’m glad I found this conversation so I confirmed it’s the daily greens, subscription cancelled. There are a lot of people suffering with the same issue, I found this chat today on reddit after my bad experience: Reddit - Dive into anything

This defo happened to me and now im worried about taking it again.

I have taken other huel products since so wasnt that.

Taste is grim but now got bag where only had 5/6 postions sat in a cupboard.

Hi there, so sorry that your first post on the Huel forum has been a negative one. I’d like to look into this further with you - would you mind dropping us an email (support@huel.com)? If you put my name in the header e.g. ‘FAO Amy’, I can provide further support. :black_heart:

Really sorry to hear this :pensive: As above, if you could also get in touch via email (support@huel.com) if you haven’t already so that I can pick this up for you, that’d be great.

Hi Amy, thank you, i emailed support earlier this morning.

Thanks for sorting this Amy much appreciated and great work. :+1:

HDG made me violently ill. This stuff needs pulling from the shelves……

For the second time now I have a massive feeling of nausea out of nowhere and the only link between both times have been me having Huel Daily Greens. It wasn’t instant but around 2-3 hours after having it and currently I just feel like I need to be sick.

Edit: Now im having diarrhea :grimacing:

So sorry to hear this, Martyn! If you haven’t already, please reach out via email (team@huel.com) and we’ll be able to support you further with this :black_heart:

Thanks for getting back to me Amy, I have been in connections with your team already.

1 Like