Weekends

A lot of talk on here regarding Huel consumption and many seem to use this for weekday work lunch replacements and maybe breakfast. So what happens at weekends? Do many of you give the shaker a well earned rest on the weekend infavour of sunday roasts and leisurely brunches or are you still on the Huel?

1 Like

My needed amount will be lower for weekends, but I want keep getting the majority of my calories/nutrition from Huel.

I tend to switch it around at weekends from my weekly huel consumption.
During the working week, I take my breakfast/lunch with me. Usually scoff that by 7 in the morning! Then that’s me until about 1800 when I have my one shot of huel 3xscoops in 500ml skimmed milk after I’ve been to the gym.
At weekends I have the same shot of huel but in the morning and a cooked meal at night.
This routine has worked a treat, I have lost over 13kg since middle of October last year.

Yeah I have a shaker at work and one at home, the one at home rarely makes an appearance (especially now I’ve got a fridge full of RTD - this has upped my home Huel game significantly)

I consume most, if not all, of my Huel at home. :rofl:
Just taking 2 slices of bread to work for lunch and 2 cereal bars for the 15-minute breaks,
breakfast and dinner with Huel and sipping the rest of my daily Huel-intake over the evening.

Me too, but I work from home… the only time I don’t have Huel at home is if I am away on business or when doing 100% Huel and being out in the evening…say at a gig or something.

I have a shaker at home and one at work. I thought I would end up eating normal food at weekends but because I have some different flavours of huel at home from at work, I often find myself having lunch time huel at weekends too (same pattern as during the week).

I drink Huel infrequently during week days, on weekends I tend to have at least 2 out of 3 meals Huel or even all of them.

I’m only one week in, but I am using Huel for breakfast and dinner every day, weekends included.

Lunch remains the same during the week at work, but I did have a different lunch yesterday.

But then I am on a target weight loss plan for the end of July so if I skipped weekends, I would probably not get anywhere near my goal!

I suppose it really depends on your reasoning for using Huel, and what you are eating in the times when you don’t use it, but I always refer back to a quote I read a few years back:
Your body doesn’t know, or care, that it’s a Saturday.

Something else to consider is that although, if you work 5 days a week, it feels like you are at work forever then have a teeny tiny weekend, but weekends account for 104 days of the year. If you change a routine every weekend simply because it’s the weekend, that’s over 3 months in the course of a year that you have not been following the routine.
Or a week of every month.

So yeah. Rambling post. But I guess what I’m saying is that although I think it is really important to make sure that whatever you do in life and eating is sustainable, it’s also important to not get into the mentality that a weekend is somehow completely different just because it happens to be two days off work.

(P.S. Shoutout to all those who work weekends, shifts, 7day weeks and don’t get weekends in the same way. I’ve been there.)

1 Like

I more and more tend to use huel as a calory completion to my regulars, well balanced but too light regular meals
I eat 3000 kcal per day
I have a 750 kcal target per meal (I eat 4 times per day)

If my meal is too light I complete with a shaker

On week days my breakfast is 100% huel

I do my best to avoid using huel at home especially in the weekends as I don’t want my children think it’s normal to eat that and because I think it is, socially talking, crazy and sad

I replace breakfast and lunch with Huel 7 days a week, no change at the weekends, unless I’m out for lunch in which case that becomes my normal meal of the day and I have Huel for dinner