What consitency do you like your Huel?

I know for sure I’m doing it differently because for a meal I weigh out 100g of vanilla Huel in a small bowl, chuck in a bit of flavour boost, add just enough cold tap water to mix it into a stiff cookie dough/cake mix consistency and then eat it with a spoon. I don’t like drinks and do like to chew my food so this method works very well for me (I prefer the nutritional profile of the powder to that of the bars). I have zero gastrointestinal side effects, btw.

How to use Huel when treking

I weigh 125g of Huel and blend it with 450 ml of water, actually just done 3 mixes now, 1 for now and 2 for tomorrow

Well, you’re 50% there, try harder and you may attain both.

ps…I’ve a big bag of Tate and Lyle if you need it.

It will seem a strange answer, but for me, it depends on hunger. In general, I like thick (I use a small steel ball to mix it better and when I can slightly perceive the noise when I shake, it’s perfect).
If I am more hungry, I prefer something more substantial so that can concentrate more flavour in a few sips; if it is more watery, I risk drinking it too quickly.

My breakfast at work: perfect balance after several attempts for me is:

• 75-80gr of Huel
  • 125ml of whole milk of cow (I have a friend who has a farm and I prefer to use this instead of buying it)
  • a long coffee
  • about 450ml of water.

I noticed that with milk it takes a lot more water!

I am a vegan, but I actually grew up in a dairy farming background, so as a kid I always drank raw milk, straight from the cow (but chilled)…so much better than the stuff out of bottles. I’ve not drunk milk intentionally for a few decades, but in the couple of occasions I have drank it in error (someone else’s error) it has been rank…I don’t miss it.

100g Huel and a spoon. No fluid.
Sometimes I snort it through my butt if I’m in a hurry

I eat once a day every evening and have 3 shakes all 150g with 500 ml water, I make them before bed and they stay in my truck fridge till the next evening when they are nice and creamy.
I then have 2 tins of either pineapple chunks or peach slices juice drained and with 2 of the shakes I pour over the fruit in a bowl and then eat like fruit and custard. I find this makes me eat slower and savour each mouthful more.

3 scoops with 400ml water

Do you mean you eat all 3 in the evening, one after the other with pineapple or peach chunks. That is the ultimate OMAD.

The thickness for me is dictated by the calorie requirement… I want 1000 calories during the day so that’s 6 scoops made in two 700ml shakes. It’s far too thick for my tastes but there’s not a lot I can do… tried 3 shakes and it was so much liquid I couldn’t drink it.

I add about 20% milk and leave it in the fridge overnight. If I don’t add the milk I find it’s flavourless and bitter.

Don’t you ever use flavoured Huel or flavour boosts?

Yes that’s right I don’t eat anything in the day and only drink water and organic black coffee and then depending what time i park up for the evening I have one bowl with pineapple chunks then have the next one on it’s own and then the next with peach slices. I normally spread this over around an hour and a half and slow as I can. Been doing for a while now and I’ve got so used to not eating in the day I no longer feel hungry all day until the evening and I really look forward to my huel feast in the evening. It’s helped me not being tempted in the evening to have anything extra that I don’t really need.

I find that interesting. I often do 18 to 20 hour fasting and believe it is a good way to be, and certainly after a while you get used to it and appreciate your food more…even if it is something repetitive like Huel.

That is flavoured. Flavours just don’t seem to work at all without milk, even the chocolate and mint one. The bitterness of the huel just completely overrides any taste.

Yes I agree, I probably do this 5/6 days a week and then when I’m home every 3 months for 2 weeks I have solid food and take a complete break from huel. I’ve been looking into the IF lately and there seems to be benefits from it.

@hunzas In fact, you’re right, I also drink vegetable milk regularly because I have a great benefit in a “Vegan 80%” approach. I always try to eat vegan/vegetarian except in the evening or in special circumstances.
In any case, I really like Huel very much with fresh cow’s milk (not even the one bought organic quality is at the same level of taste and consistency).

PS: With Vanilla Original it’s fantastic, much better than the New and Improved!