Who's a very thick Hueler?

Just throwing this out there to see if I’m a Billy Nomates or part of a special cult amongst Hueligans.

In short, I have my Huel. Very. Very. Thick.

I hardly use any water and eat it with a spoon in a bowl like a very thick porridge. I can’t stand it when it’s like water and can kinda enjoy it like a thick milkshake but definitely prefer it best as thick as possible.

Who else out there is a really thick Hueler?

1 Like

I need to try that. I use four scoops in the shaker so it’s pretty thick, but not porridge thick. Do you have to blend it? I can’t be bothered with blenders.

How do you not get lumps of powder?

@hunzas is very thick. Not sure how he likes his Huel though.

7 Likes

but tell first the proportion you like, mine is 3 spoons and 650ml

1 Like

Ah, so I’m thicker than you at 3 scoops per 500ml liquids.

1 Like

I had my first serving today, 400ml to 100g, and I found that a little watery, so I’m going to try 350ml to 100g fior my next one. I too prefer it more porridge like.

1 Like

Have you tried 100ml Alpro almond milk/300ml water with 100g Huel then fridge for a few hours. Gets pretty thick due to the extra gums in Alpro.

3 Likes

Hi David

I basically “blend” it with my spoon, so in short, it’s that well blended at all! I’m probably very weird (ha, no comment!) as I actually prefer it as an imperfect, roughish texture (think crunchy peanut butter) rather than totally smooth.

1 Like

I like my Huel like I like my men: vegan

2 Likes

Ha, I do get lumps but I regard this is as a plus rather than a negative :joy:

I’ve never measured it but I basically pour enough water (and a little bit more) to cover the 3 spoonfuls and then whisk it like crazy with a spoon, so I would hazard a guess that my water content is roughly half your amount.

I honestly couldn’t imagine anything worse. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

:joy::joy::joy:

Each to their own!

Very true, enjoy your lumpy, powdery, vanilla flavor soup. :slight_smile:

@ChrisH0402

1 Like

Personally I avoid almond milk, but I may try it with oat milk or rice milk.

2 Likes

@Sunseekermike I drink mine really watery. I don’t like drinking it thick like a milkshake.
But I have tried the UU warm and like a very thick porridge. I liked that very much - eaten with a spoon. I wouldn’t eat any of that flavoured like that tho - i find they need to be soaked for hrs, very chilled, and very watery, to dilute the sweetness.

So, I’m intrigued to know which flavour(s) you are eating thick?

3 Likes

Basically the only flavour I really like is Original although I’ve dabbled with New Vanilla. I like Original thick by itself or sometimes with Toffee or Rhubarb flavours. I can’t stand the new Chocolate flavour but each to their own!

1 Like

I love rhubarb and custard flavour boost :yum:

2 Likes