100% Huel started today

Obviously do whatever works for you, but I would advise against weighing yourself every day. It’s pretty good in the early stages because the first round of weight loss happens fairly quickly. However, when the weight loss slows down and the fluctuations hit, it can be a bit demoralising when you’ve eaten healthily and exercised only to find that either you’ve lost nothing or put a pound on. I’ve always found I’m much more likely to stick with it if I weigh myself weekly.

As I say, feel free to ignore that advice. You do whatever you think best.

1 Like

Dan, I totally get you! and I won’t saying haven’t done this so many times in the past, weighed… not lost… then ate whatever I want, then gained! :joy: I am already feeling like not weighing myself everyday already, mainly because I feel a different mindset lately, I’m starting to feel the more slow but steady weight loss approach, this weight loss is great so far, but I also know it’s mostly water weight at the moment, and it inevitably will slow down!
Ultimately it’s calories in vs calories out, so I know I will go down even if I stall for weeks at a time at some point. I guess it’s more will power to keep pushing through no matter the stalls or even the gains! I’ve weighed myself everyday this week mainly because I knew it would show me more loses as it’s my first week and it motivates me! But in all I will be only weighing myself once a week or every two weeks in February :slight_smile:

I mainly started 100% huel to ease myself into eating until I’m full mentality! as over Christmas I indulged so much, and then when I went on huel and meals I kept going up to like 3000 calories a day unintentionally and felt frustrated, because I had got used to eating so much more again… But after a week on this my appetite has decreased significantly, so I probably will start adding in a meal or two per day alongside the shakes. Because as much as huel is incredible and very filling, food is just well… I love food what can I say!
I will keep updating on here though, but I plan on incorporating huel into my diet whether that’s for breakfast/ lunch or both for the entirety of this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I weigh myself once a week now. My weight is so stable now that it never varies by more than half a kilo up or down, apart from a slight increase over the holiday period, but last 2 weeks it returned to normal.

1 Like

I only weigh myself when I get lighter (the other times don’t count).

6 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

I weigh myself everyday but my scale also shows the trend instead of only the number. When I have the same weight three days in a row I’ll go for a cheat day (2500 kcal) to shock my body and then back to being strict again and continue weight loss by low calorie diet. I have no idea if I’m doing this all by the rules but it works for me…

1 Like

Okay so very hectic day yesterday!
Ended up having some strawberries, two ricecakes with peanut butter + banana and a rice cracker with violife cheese, x3 huel bars throughout the day and a huel shake! Total calories where - 1465

Woke up today at 11st 9.0lb down just over 1lb since yesterday :blush::raised_hands:

Ive ordered the pumpkin spice flavour boost after trying it in the sample pack and it was super tasty! Didn’t think I would like it but I love it!

• the salted caramel flavour boost because I tried the sample pack, and it made my huel taste like a chocolate bar milkshake! Really love this one can’t wait to get them!
1 Like

Just an update, I’m now 11st 8.4lb it’s my totm my monthly has been so sporadic this past few weeks, think my endometriosis is playing up! either way I’m down 8lb from the 1st :slight_smile: Pretty happy with that, I’ve been having meals too but throughout the month I’ve been having bars too and usually around 2 shakes a day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting your progress :slight_smile:
I’ve been drinking Huel for lunch for a while now, however i have ongoing issues with Binge Eating disorder, so for the next month I’ve decided to do 100% Huel to help me stick to my calories. I’ve decided to use a mix of shakes, granola and bars.

Wish you continuing success!

1 Like