10days in and not noticed anything.šŸ˜©

Been on the powder shakes for 10 days now started with one a day the first week now on week two im having morning and lunch shakes with a ā€œnormalā€ meal evening time
I havnt lost a single lb??.what am i doing wrong?
I am on levothyroxine for an under active thyroid.is it that im not stuffing my face with any junk food atall.
HELP!!!.

1 Like

Hi there. Simple answer: youā€™re eating too much. For weight loss it doesnā€™t really matter if you switch your meals to Huel or switch your meals to ice cream. You need to eat fewer calories than you burn.

Start by going here https://tdeecalculator.net/ and working out how many calories you burn each day. For me itā€™s 2300. That means if I eat fewer than 2300 calories I will lose weight, and if I eat more I will gain weight.

Let us know how much Huel you eat for each meal and what you have for your evening meal and we can help you work out what needs to change.

2 Likes

Hey itā€™s a marathon not a sprint etc etc. I wonder if youā€™ve noticed any other changes? Forget the number on the scales for a minute, how do you feel? :slight_smile:

I am having 3 scoops in 600ml of skimmed milk two times a day and a meal in the evening.
Is that to much??.im new to dieting,im a full time mum i dont exercise but im on the go non stop.
I dont feel much difference if im honest.
I have stuck to it so well and feel awful that there is no change.
Should i have less scoops a day?

Your Huel and skimmed milk intake is about 1300 calories a day. If your meal is around 600cals probably explains why not much loss.

Work out what your body needs (roughly it is not exact) here: https://tdeecalculator.net and adjust accordingly. People often arenā€™t aware of the amount of calories they consume per day, and normally under estimate rather than over estimate.

1 Like

So should i try with water or another liquid?
As i said im new to this.:see_no_evil:.
I dont want to lose to fast of corse i just want to see that what im doing is working.
I looked on that web site and i filled it in but not sure what it all means.:woman_facepalming:t2:.

I thought you named yourself after tdeecalc. :slight_smile:

I used to drink (non-dairy) Milk with my Huel, because I thought it tasted better, but really it doesnā€™t make much difference, so yeah Iā€™d use water or even 50/50 water and skimmed milk.

You are using a fair chunk of your daily calories just on that skimmed milk. 600ml of skimmed milk is about 210 calories. If you want the slightly thicker/creamier texture but without the calories you can look at using plant milks or a mixture of plant milks and water. As an example I use 300ml water and 200ml Alpro unsweetened almond milk which is at only 26 calories is nearly a 10th of your 210 calories.

But I second the advice on here:

1. Use a TDEE calculator to estimate what you need for maintenance and then deduct 500 calories a day to lose 1lb per week.
  2. Look at the calories in what you are eating and drinking. Milk in tea and coffee or glasses of fruit juice/soft drinks all add up.

Unfortunately the starting point is pretty much always as simple as calories in vs. calories out.

If you let us know your height, weight, age and gender we can help you make sense of it :blush:

MyFitnessPal is invaluable for keeping track of calories after you have first worked out your TDEE.

3 Likes

Im 5ft 7ā€ im 13st.3 and im femaleā€¦
Ok im going to try just water if thats not nice i will look at alproā€¦thanks guys.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:ā€¦and no my initials are T D so went with TEEDEE.:woman_facepalming:t2:. Sorry for the confusion.lol.x

1 Like

So youā€™d probably be looking at 1400/1500 intake calories to get a 500 cal deficit. As you can see your Huel isnā€™t far off that alone.

Dieting is never easyā€¦

1 Like

Sheezus!!!.ok rethinkā€¦thank you so much.:pray:t3:.x

1 Like

So if you put that into a TDEE calculator you will get 1880 as your maintenance calories (I assumed your age as 35). That means to stay exactly the same weight you can eat that many calories a day.

Itā€™s generally accepted that to lose 1lb of fat you have to burn 3500 calories so if you eat 500 calories a day less than your maintenance you will lose 1lb per week. For you this means your daily calorie allowance should be about 1380.

As @Bee says, an easy way to check if you are close to that is to download the MyFitnessPal app and track everything you eat and drink in there for a week. You might be surprised how many calories are in foods you think are reasonably healthy!

Iā€™d suggest you switch from 3 scoops of Huel to 2, or even better, weigh it out. I also have an under active thyroid and my standard portion of Huel is 75g in 300ml water and 200ml of unsweetened almond milk which is 326 calories a serving. Two of those a day would leave you 600 calories for dinner in the evening and a few calories over for milk in tea and coffee or the odd snack.

Hope that helps - good luck!

2 Likes

Good luck! A bowlful of veg, raw or steamed, will save on the calories. Plus being good for you of course :+1:

Im thinkin of just havin a shake in the morning and something like a naked noodle for lunch?.i worked out i would have 1400/1500 a dayā€¦i think i have just been maintaining all this time.:weary:ā€¦i have an app and i will give that a go see how i get onā€¦thanks guys.xx

Make sure everything you eat is nutritious and filling or you may end up feeling tired, hungry and wanting to binge.

1 Like

One other tip, make sure you are drinking two litres of water a day. Helps keep you feeling full plus stops you getting dehydrated.

Drinking plenty of water helps with weight loss. If you donā€™t drink enough you can end up retaining water which may make it look like you havenā€™t lost any weight.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a great one for drinking plain water so I keep a small bottle of each of lemon juice and lime juice in the fridge so I can add a squoosh or two to the glass. Helps me a lot.

A what?? (fu 10 characters)

2 Likes