Banana Disappointment

There’s nowhere I can see to leave a review so I’ll write my opinion here.
My latest order was for 1 berry which I know I like and 1 New Banana. I know I like banana flavoured things, yogurts etc… always lovely so I was looking forward to Banana Huel, but sadly, when I tried it, it didn’t live up to my hope of a lovely banana-y taste.
It tastes very synthetic to me, not a natural creamy bana taste, with a weird taste (which I would describe as cardboard taste) before I got the banana flavour come through and it left a horrid after taste in my mouth that lingered for ages, once I finish the whole shaker.
Glad I have my Berry bag to fall back on. Will force myself to use the banana first, (might have to invest in a bag of Frozen fruits to mix in with it) so I have the best flavour to look forward to.

Will not go for banana flavour again - very disappointing. :cry:

1 Like

You have the opposite taste to me! I don’t know if we should become mortal enemies now. I already have three mortal enemies and it keeps me busy, so let’s not.

I noticed the banana aftertaste sticks around for ages too. I like the flavour but I don’t want to be tasting it an hour later.

3 Likes

Yes I’ve also noticed the taste lingers for a while which is strange.

1 Like

Whereas I don’t get a lingering aftertaste at all :thinking:

1 Like

That’s lucky. I wish I didn’t, I was really looking forward to liking this flavour.

The new banana hasn’t grown on me unfortunately, I can drink it but a bit disappointed it’s not as nice as I expected but would still buy it occasionally. Chocolate is still top of the list for me and unlike @David Berry is at the bottom of my list.

2 Likes

I just bought some Berry powder actually. I haven’t bought any for years but it now comes with a “As recommended by @David” quote on the packaging.

5 Likes

It reminds me of an overly ripe banana that’s been bruised a bit. You know when you eat a bruise and it’s mushy and black, like that.

2 Likes

Yes, a good description! :smiley:

What… no!? Riper than ripe bananas are delicious, unfortunately Banana Huel tastes like a green underripe banana to me, all chalky and “sharp” whatever that means to you

3 Likes

I get it Ryan @RyanT

So maybe it’s the people who like ripe bananas that don’t like Huel premix so much.

Do you like Brussels sprouts?

Love them

bsmeme

1 Like

@RyanT I agree, green and underripe banana. The flavour pouch is much better imho, that tastes like a ripe banana :slight_smile:

I like the banana premix in the sense that it adds something to the range, but I don’t know if I would buy it again and maybe go for the banana flavour pouch instead.

1 Like

I’ve been disappointed with the banana flavour too. It smells like banana, but the taste is like a memory of banana. Almost like my shaker has been put next to a banana at some point in its life.
Coffee is the same, it’s a really weak flavour (both 3 scoops with water).
It’s not unpleasant, but there’s not much flavour there, unlike say USN Diet Fuel.

3 Likes

I think you’ll be happy with the new Christmas flavour boost then @Ian42

2 Likes

That’s what I think. I won’t buy the premix again.

1 Like

I love the banana version. So much so, I have changed my subscription to include a bag every time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t remember what a green banana tastes like. But I can’t get the thought of the bruised black bit out of my mind when I drink it.
Maybe it’s the texture

@David did the exact same thing with Berry flavour funny enough

2 Likes

I tried banana premix for the first time this week.
I completely agree that it tastes like very green bananas not yet ripe.
I don’t dislike it, and it goes well in a 2:1 mix with choc premix, however i much prefer the banana flavour boost which has a more familiar banana sweetener taste, akin to banana milkshake, banana yogurt, banana sweets etc.

1 Like