Banana Disappointment

neither do I. Banana has become a favourite for me.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to try a banana flavour boost and add it to the banana powder to see if I can actually get a banana flavour out of it.
I’m beginning to get a little disheartened by Huel. It doesn’t really taste of anything. It smells like what it says on the packet though. Coffee for example tastes like no coffee I’ve ever had. Maybe a weak old persons coffee perhaps but not a proper coffee, or even remotely similar.

I find the best way is to use the flavours as a base, then add your own real flavours.
I was disappointed with chocolate initially but if I add real cacao it’s amazing.
Add real instant coffee (as powder) to coffee or vanilla - delicious
Add cacao to the mint choc - awesome
etc etc :grin:

2 Likes

If you read the feedback on all the different premixes and flavour boosts it’s quite amazing how different our individual tastebuds can be.

1 Like

I’m a little disappointed by the banana flavour too.

A fair few people put actual coffee in their Huel, why not do that instead of the flavour boosts?

1 Like

That’s what I’ve tried so far. It’s working out how much to add without going mad. So far it’s 2 spoons of millicano and it adds a bit more flavour.
It’s the premix powder I’m using, not the flavour boost.
I read today the coffee is the vanilla one with some coffee mixed in. Is that right?

It’s just the vanilla one. They write coffee on the bag so you think of coffee while you drink it, and then you think “well I can taste the coffee but it’s very mild”. Try a blind taste test. They are the same. In fact, all of the flavours are just vanilla, except for berry which is made from floor sweepings and cum.

1 Like

I thought berry was made from the recycled Huel farts of the people in the factory?

They just use that as a preservative.

1 Like

I agree as in my review . The banana is a little weak but still enjoyable for me . More so than vanilla ever was . You can try a boost ?

I actually quiet like the Banana mix - latest order I’ve ordered Vanilla, Chocolate and Banana - first order was Berry and Vanilla. Berry I only had once, I need to try it again at some point. Chocolate I had a flavour pack with Vanilla (Personally preferred Cacoa tho) still waiting to pop that bag open…

Think im going to keep the vanilla bag sealed for now as a back up (dont want 4 bags open at once :laughing:)

Why not? I do. That’s what the zip on the bag is for. Mind you, I prefer to decant each flavour into an airtight container and keep them in the cupboard. At the moment I have UU, Original, Banana and Coffee on the go at once.

2 Likes

I usually have 2 on the go but have had 4 different flavours on the go previously and would do it again.

1 Like

Banana was OK. Vanilla I always rely on its Great!

I just finished my banana bag won’t buy again for a while, my next 2 are back to chocolate and mint chocolate.

I just tested the flavor powder from the sample pack.

It seems to be traditional Gros Michel banana flavor? That doesn’t exist in any meaningful capacity on the market, so it won’t taste anything like you’d imagine a banana.

There is a really fascinating history behind banana flavors. It taste more like the candy flavor than a banana you’d buy in the store.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of the banana pre-mix either but it is much improved by the toffee flavour boost.

1 Like

Really interesting!

We have between two and four on the go here. Just finished the vanilla today but choc mint, choc and banana still open. Stupidly bought flavour boosts but no vanilla to put them in :blush: