Bringing Huel to Work

Hi there! I enjoy using Huel at home. However, I am having trouble bringing 4 portions (~12 scoops) with me to work or University in a convenient way. I now bring a plastic box filled with 12 scoops of powder, but this leaves me messing up the entire office kitchen or University bathroom trying to fill a shaker.

Are more people experiencing this struggle or could anyone share a hint?

One idea that came to mind is selling Huel ‘to go tubes’, which can be filled at home and contain exactly three scoops. That way one could easily bring along a couple of tubes to work or wherever. Preparing Huel would be nothing more than elegantly adding the tube to some water.

1 Like

I’m reusing the RTD bottles for that purpose. If you make a 400ml shake then it fits perfectly and the bottles are way more lean to bring with you than the shaker.

3 Likes

You can buy a 5 pack of these on eBay / amazon really cheap.
Or as @Bee says in the post below mine, ASDA do an identical product with a different colour lid

They are ideal for transporting ready-measured powder because the round shape allows for the Huel to be tipped straight into the shaker without mess (I’ve tried using square Tupperware pots and just make a mess everywhere!)

3 Likes

I normally just have a bag at work and a bag at home.

2 Likes

I do that as well…not tow work as I work from home, but transporting around. They are sturdy bottles. I often freeze them and take out frozen the night before and put in fridge so they are still cold several hours later in the day.

2 Likes

I just leave my Huel in the fridge overnight, pack it into my bag for work then drink at lunch time.

For breakfast and dinner I just use another bottle. Happy to go a little bit more hungry for the day if it saves faff.

1 Like

Are the RTD bottles BPA free and designed for re-use?

3 Likes

Sistema make all kinds of handy-sized BPA-free containers. Might be worth looking at their website. I only use 2 scoops; the ones I use are probably too small for 3, but Google “Sistema to go” and you’ll find something that’ll hold a single serving the size you want.

2 Likes

I have lots of Sistema containers of all different sizes and uses. Expensive but good quality stuff.

4 Likes

That is a good point. On the label they state “rinse and reuse” BUT there in no mention of BPA free. Maybe worth me tagging @Tim_Huel for his input.

3 Likes

I use small plastic pots similar to these. I weigh out my portion size into one and then it’s a case of pouring it straight into the shaker.

3 Likes

Don’t you then have double the washing up to do?

1 Like

Makes no difference to me because I never drink out of the shaker.

The shaker and I have issues. There’s always Huel ending up in my eye or on my clothes whenever I drink straight from the shaker.

So I just use the shaker to make it and pour it in a glass or some other cup. Washing up is easy if you do it straight away.

1 Like

Definitely!

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons I use a different shaker :joy:

1 Like

What shaker do you use then?

1 Like

I have no issues at all with the shakers (I have 3). Just lick the little hinged cap before you drink and angle it away from your eye :grin:

…or wear an eye patch and a bib :laughing:

8 Likes

I’ve heard from @Ian42 and @coup that there are films that feature scenes not so far removed from that following some vigorous shaking.

7 Likes

Pretty big, but convenient :grin:

5 Likes

I just bought a myprotein shaker like that and was disappointed to find it had a grill that can’t be removed (?) for cleaning. Surely it’ll be pretty disgusting pretty quick ?

1 Like