Bringing Huel to Work

What a strange design. I suppose if it’s rinsed straight away or given a good soak every time it’s used it should be ok. I’d be disappointed too though.

1 Like

I can take it out, mine are the 1L shakers though :joy:

1 Like

Hmmmm maybe I need to double check mine !
Update: nope… doesn’t come apart

1 Like

Seems weird, it’s pretty hard to clean like that I guess :thinking:

1 Like

The Huël shaker is horrible, pokes in your eyes or ears :roll_eyes:

I bought stainless steel version from XXL.

3 Likes

I don’t understand how so many people experience this. This is how my lid sits on my shaker when not clipped on. I’ve never folded it over, this is just how it sits naturally. So when I drink it’s nowhere near my eye or ear.

1 Like

I drink straight out of the Huel shaker too.

1 Like

Same here no problems

1 Like

I have a bag and a shaker at work. Prepare the Huel during a short break an hour or two before lunch, put it in the fridge. I usually run or take a walk during the lunch break. Come back, drink from the shaker. Clean it. No problem.

1 Like

To be honest it’s the part of these shakers that I hate. I don’t know why they need such a large cap/lid. Just screw on, surely?

1 Like

It was the most annoying thing for me as well, but I just hold the lid down against the body with my fingers while drinking and no problem. Most of the time I consume my Huel at the same place, and I decant it from the shaker into a pint glass and that’s fine by me…

2 Likes

All the more room to put my squirty cream on top of my coffee Huel :wink:

3 Likes

I guess I just have a big head :rofl:

@Bee I would totally wear an awesome eyepatch then!

@hunzas Do tell the names of those movies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent:

5 Likes

The current Huel RTD bottles are made from food-grade polyethylene terephthalate (PET) identified by the Resin Identification Code (recycling number) no.1 and food grade symbol, which is itself, biologically inert.

foodgrade

(Biologically inert, or Bioinert materials, do not initiate a response or interact with biological tissue i.e. introducing the material to the body will not cause a reaction with the host either by ingestion, contact or inhalation)

BPA (bisphenol A) is a chemical used to make polycarbonate. There is NO bisphenol A used in food-grade PET bottle production as it serves no purpose.

For your information – if you are ever concerned that a plastic container you buy may have BPA but is not labelled as such – it will have a Resin Identification Code on the plastic, usually on the base. If you see any of the below symbols, there is a good chance that it contains BPA.

If you see any other instance of the number 7 on the plastic moulding not inside the recycle triangle – it does NOT mean the plastic type & is instead related to other manufacturing information.

You may also not be aware that BPA is used as a liner in food and drink cans – manufacturers are switching to alternatives, heavy weights such as Coca Cola are not. They use BPA as can liners and maintain it’s safe to do so, selling an average of 1.2 billion cans per day globally.

6 Likes

Yup, the RTD bottle BPA free.

However some interesting research, apparently BPA has been consistently found to be safe.

4 Likes

Gee steady on you will be getting @hunzas excited :joy:

3 Likes

As a general rule of thumb – reusing PET drink bottles is OK providing some basic checks are made:

• Examine the bottle to ensure that it is not damaged. If there are any signs of physical damage do not reuse it.
  • Clean bottle thoroughly and make sure the inside of the bottle air dries completely before use.
  • Before filling bottles, wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
  • Only reuse bottles on a like-for-like basis.
  • Always cool water or drinks before putting them in plastic bottles. PET deforms and degrades as low as 75°C/167°F
  • If it is labelled “avoid exposure to sunlight” in the original product, follow the instruction when reusing the bottle.
  • Bottles should be used by one individual only. Don’t share bottles.
6 Likes

Very useful, Phil. Thanks.

2 Likes

Too late, squirty cream has erupted from the nozzle.

1 Like

Are you saying an RTD bottle can only be used again if you put more RTD in it?

1 Like