Bringing Huel to Work

Meh… I prefer it without BPA

Could be great to add it below the bottle

PS. Is there any plan in the future to use sqround bottles? When I look a Huel bottle I see all the lost space

1 Like

Sorry - I should have specified - the main reasons for using like for like and again, this is generalizing for food and drink PET bottles not just Huel ones, is that they are often specifically designed for a single use purpose and several factors can increase the speed at which the PET degrades.

PET is quite porous so if not cleaned well can retain traces of what was in it previously. It is also susceptible to pressure so if you have a thin walled bottle such as cheap water brand - putting a denser liquid in it - it could add additional structural pressure.

Basically - if you begin to get a noticeable plastic after taste in liquids from a reused bottle - that’s a sure sign the chemicals in the plastic are breaking down.

All that being said - the Huel RTD bottles are quite sturdy so should be OK for occasional reuse.

3 Likes

I emailed myprotein to say I wanted to return it because I can’t see how I would be able to clean it. They emailed back saying there is no grid in their steel shakers. So I sent them a photo of my MyProtein steel shaker with a grid. They replied saying ‘please try to remove it’.
Well I’d obviously already tried to remove it, hence my complaint that it isn’t removeable. But figuring they know best, I attempted to remove it with pliers.
It snapped.
I took photos of snapped shaker lid grill, and sent it to them, saying ‘okay, as per your advice I tried to remove it, but it isn’t removeable.
They replied ‘oh, ok, that looks like a solid grid that doesn’t come out, we’ll send you a replacement.
I received an identical one again… :woman_facepalming:t3: :woman_facepalming:t3: :woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

How frustrating! :grimacing:

1 Like

:joy::joy:
I might attack this one with a hacksaw
Just for fun

2 Likes

Didn’t know yours is a steel shaker, mine aren’t :joy:

Reading this I hope I don’t need to contact their customer service (ever!) if that’s
the standard of the ‘knowledgeable response’ a customer can expect :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Their customer support is shit about everything. I contacted them with some BASIC queries not shaker related and they were clueless about them too.

1 Like

Great, now I really hope I’d never need to contact them.
Only did once, asking when something would be back in stock again and actually had
a quick and accurate response :smiley:

2 Likes

My queries related to flavdrops and they kept contradicting themselves.

1 Like

Hmmm… sounds pretty bad and it’s sad to see a webshop’s cs doesn’t know their products :joy:
I mean, if it’s mail/social media contact it shouldn’t be an issue to pass the queries to the right
colleagues for them I suppose :thinking:

Anyway, you remind me, I have to contact them as well.
The Blueberry FlavDrops have disappeared :scream:

1 Like

Good luck with that LOL

1 Like

Yea, thanks… need it :joy:

1 Like

I am fortunate in the office i work in, i just leave the box i had delivered under my desk. It has 4 bags in, 2 scoopers, the granola (not tried yet) and the flavour boosts. I’m also fortunate where i sit is right next to the office kitchen. I just leave it all here. I make a shake before i leave and put it in the fridge for overnight. Come the morning, grab my shake and drink, then wash immediately and make the one for lunch and put that in the fridge. Then i wash and leave the shaker to dry and air in the kitchen, before i make the one again at the end of the day to stick in the fridge all ready to go again the next morning at breakfast. Guess it depends on your situation, but i am certainly very fortunate with mine

6 Likes

That sounds like the ideal set-up.

1 Like

Does your coworkers make questions about huel?

1 Like

Personally i get asked all the time about it! Will be glad once every person has managed to ask as they have all asked individually one at a time so far, about 10 down, 18 more to go!

4 Likes

Silence of the Lambs?

1 Like

I have this to take with me to work. [https://www.amazon.co.uk/PROMiXX-Rechargeable-Electric-Portable-Evolved/dp/B07HCM92SV] But I thinking about prepping the shakes the evening before. I like them very cold.

1 Like