Bryan Johnson's Blueprint Protocol & Huel

Dear Huel Community,

Has anyone conducted a comprehensive nutritional analysis of Bryan Johnson’s Blueprint protocol? I’m interested in understanding the micronutrients, macronutrients, and phytochemicals it provides. This information could help identify potential replacements with products like Huel Black Edition for greater convenience. Any insights or data would be appreciated.

Best,
T

No, but I’ve conducted an analysis of his music with AC/DC.

2 Likes

If you want blood live album is still my favourite AC/DC album, and probably one of the greatest live albums out there…but it’s off topic because BJ wasn’t on that.

4 Likes

Whole Lotta Rosie, turned up to 11.

Use sparingly.

4 Likes

Thanks, constructive and helpful, as usual :wink:

1 Like

Your original question was too serious for me (and it seems everyone else on the forum) so I thought I would reply so that your question didn’t feel lonely. :grinning:

2 Likes

I thought the question was redundant.

Why not ask Bryan Johnson? Seems unlikely anyone on the Huel forum is particularly in the know about the BJBP or exactly who has ‘conducted a comprehensive nutritional analysis of Bryan Johnson’s Blueprint protocol’. It’s a third party issue isn’t it?

I hope it’s a good protocol. Sounds kinda rock and roll.

[quote=“epicure, post:7, topic:25488”]
bryan Johnson’s Blueprint protocol
[/quote]. Sounds like a tribute act of the Brain Jonestown Massacre who by the way are well worth a listen

Brian, surely? :wink:

Ah, of course. Fat finger strikes again

Great band name. Up there with Camper Van Beethoven, Kathleen Turner Overdrive, and Mary Tyler Morphine.

1 Like

There’s a metalcore band from Germany that I have actually seen play and they are very good, but for some reason they have chosen the most dreadful name for their band: we butter the bread with butter

Maybe something was lost in translation.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Like you say maybe it sounds amusing to a German speaker, but that’s a head-scratcher.

Fat Finger Strikes Again is my new favourite, but Bryan Johnson’s Blueprint Protocol is beginning to look pretty good.

1 Like

Unfortunately no analysis of Brian from me either, 'cause when I went to see him it turned out Axl Rose was singing with the band instead at the time! Great night and phenomenal vocals though.

Glad to hear his hearing is doing better and he’s out with a solo album with a Mission: Impossible sounding name. Blueprint Protocol sounds killer.

1 Like

Curious about this Bryan person, Time Magazine has a lengthy article about him:

Johnson, 46, is a centimillionaire tech entrepreneur who has spent most of the last three years in pursuit of a singular goal: don’t die. During that time, he’s spent more than $4 million developing a life-extension system called Blueprint, in which he outsources every decision involving his body to a team of doctors, who use data to develop a strict health regimen to reduce what Johnson calls his “biological age.” That system includes downing 111 pills every day, wearing a baseball cap that shoots red light into his scalp, collecting his own stool samples, and sleeping with a tiny jet pack attached to his penis to monitor his nighttime erections. Johnson thinks of any act that accelerates aging—like eating a cookie, or getting less than eight hours of sleep—as an “act of violence.”

Bryan Johnson’s Quest For Immortality | TIME

So not very rock & roll.

It’s not that simple. Yeah he won’t eat a cookie, but a man with a jet pack on his penis must be a bit rock & roll.

edit: actually nah, forget that. It’s the sort of bobbins Elon Musk - the least rock & roll man on Earth - would do.

Searching for the elixir of eternal youth? It’s been a hocus-pocus focus for some folks for ever.

Immortality on the other hand, that’s really something to dream of. See Bon Scott.

1 Like

I’m loosely following blueprint. I’m somewhat disappointed with their communication. Despite all their claims it’s basically just the ordinary marketing any fashion brand would do.

While they might be doing serious science behind the scenes, not much has been published.

1 Like

With regard to aging, the most imporant thing is genetics. This is something you can’t change, though.

Regarding the optimal macronutrient balance there is so much conflicting research that it is hard to make any recommendations, especially as “anti aging” is a very unspecific term. Do you want to live longer? Are you just interested in some lab parameters being optimal? Do you want to prevent wrinkle formation? You need to be more specific on your goal if you want any recommendations. Someone who just talks about “anti aging” as an “all-in-one-hack” is unserious.

I’ve seen on this protocol that is suggests taking drugs for which you need a prescription, like L-Thyroxine or metformine. These are not lifestyle supplements but have clear medical indications, and you need to see a GP to get them.
So my impression is: Stay away from this “procotocol”. They don’t provide evidence of sufficient quality, so I would not recommend giving any further thought to this kind of “pseudo-science”.