Coffee Huel... Meh

Hey all,

So after a long time away from Huel, I wanted to give it another try. I saw that there was a improved vanilla and also a coffee version. How exciting!

However, I’ve done a few tests and the coffee version is rather disappointing. I know it’s “it’s Huel with coffee” and not flavored, but I certainly was expecting a bit of a stronger taste.

My question to you experienced peeps, is what do you use to bump the coffee flavor/content? What best “instant” versions do you use?

Note: Bit of a novice when it comes to coffee, as it’s only a recent love of mine as I’ve gotten into it.

1 Like

Nooooooo I’m trying coffee Huel for the first time tomorrow :frowning: I suppose I’ll try it anyways and if it sucks I’ll bump it up with Nescafe instant coffee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Works an absolute treat with original!

2 Likes

My favourite is 1 - 2 tsp of instant coffee in cold water. Then 3 scoops of original vanilla added to 400ml cold water, shaken and drunk straight away.

I will try coffee huel next order though - I may like it as an alternate.

1 Like

Cold brew is the bet way to go to get that coffee flavour in Huel I’ve found, even if it requires more effort than instant :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have a bean to cup coffee machine, and if I’m in a rush in the morning I make a double espresso at the strongest setting and pop it in the blender with my Huel (3 scoops, 570ml water). Works for me.

1 Like

Thanks all. I’m starting my new Huel journey next week, so will report back if I find anything interesting with the coffee, but I think for work, I’ll try the instant versions with the coffee and see if that’s to my liking.

Thanks again!

Reporting back—I tried coffee Huel today and yeaaaaaah it was disappointing. There was a bit of a bitter aftertaste too. I added Vanilla Huel and instant coffee and cocoa to it, so we’ll see if that improves it!

1 Like

I ordered my 2 monthly order last week. I ordered 7 vanilla and 1 coffee to try, I also assumed I wouldn’t want to have a coffee drink/food for at 8 in the evening.

Anyhoo, I actually prefer the coffee! and any future orders will mostly likely be 6 coffee and 3 vanilla.

So if you wanted to swap, I’m happy to exchange coffee for my vanilla!

Am I the only person who hates coffee ??
I even dislike the smell!

Huel coffee ??? Not a chance !

I appreciate other people’s tastes are different, would be a boring world if we were all the same.

1 Like

I love coffee and the smell / taste of coffee was my ‘trigger’ when I stopped smoking…

I prefer the vanilla huel (with blended fruits) for lunch but the coffee huel for breakfast is fine. I’m not sure if its’ the caffeine or placebo effect but I feel more awake after.

I couldn’t stand the new Huel coffee on first go, but man it’s grown on me; to the point I’m having way more coffee Huel than I am original. Probably going all in coffee next time around, just a shame it doesn’t go with the flavour packs quite as well as vanilla Huel does.

1 Like

@Crooklar - Thank you so much for the kind offer! I’m going to actually use this bag as a test bag to experiment with and try some different things. Thanks again though!

@Dln1965 - I never use to be a massive coffee fan at all, but I guess my tastes have changed!

I use vanilla flavored Huel and add - may sound strange - 2 scoops Huel, 1 tablespoon Nescafe or 2-4 shots espresso, spoon of peanut butter and hazelnut extract. LOL… It works for me. #HuelNewbie

Coffee Huel initially didnt work for me at all but it’s grown on me to the point I will probably continue to use it for breakfast. I quite like it now

1 Like

Good to hear - have a bag due later this month and my plan is to have some instant coffee and/or some honey to hand to tweak it if I don’t enjoy it. Will give a few trys first though.

I’d honestly love to swap! I’m struggling to try to use it up when I’d much rather eat Vanilla Huel. I’ve used a couple of servings of it though, perhaps we could work something out?
Also, whereabouts are you located?

I’m in Sweden :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive just finished my first and only bag of Huel coffee, would gladly swap some of my remaining in opener bags of vanilllia 2.3 for some unopened 2.3 coffee. Especially as coffee is sold out I think.

I’m in the midlands, Birmingham, Coventry or Quinton if that helps at all.

Heya! Sorry, didn’t hear from you so I just kept trying to use it up begrudgingly haha. Have about half a bag left :’(
I’m surprised coffee is sold out! :stuck_out_tongue: Why do you prefer it over vanilla?

Coffee Huel is good for breakfast tho

1 Like