📓 Daily Journal: Intermittent Fasting (16:8), ED Recovery and Weight Loss

Great idea Chris. Excellent start. Well done. Bring on day 3.

Day 210

Weight: 52.4kg lel this really has to stop I need regularity

Food Intake: (5001kcal in)

• 1/2 of 112g Huel, MochaFS
  • 1 Huel Orange Bar
  • 60g Huel Granola
  • 150g chicken slices
  • 100g carrots

Activity: (2037kcal out)

• 1h hip hop

Other Observations:

• I WILL NOT BP TODAY.
  • …fck.

Damn straight. :muscle:t3:

Day 211

Weight: 52.3kg

Food Intake:

• 1/2 NewHuel, MochaFS
  • 150g chicken slices
  • 60g Huel Granola
  • 2696kcal bp
  • 2000+kcal bp

Activity: (1500kcal out)

Other Observations:

• That ToM is definitely not helping. Came yesterday and I just felt bloated and fat and guilty and cranky :((
  • I thought that once I stopped having binge food around I just …wouldn’t binge… (logical, right?) but just as how I ran out to get ice cream last time, i faRKING MADE A MUGCAKE TO BP ON wtf is wrong with me. Like, literally out of flour sugar cocoa egg :sweat::triumph::woman_facepalming: and ate thousands of calories of Nutella even though it’s farking hard to purge just because I don’t have anything else to bp on—Nutella isn’t even a binge food wtf. Would probably be better to get actual cake lmao.
  • I’m farking stupid I was supposed to have my psychologist appointment today that I definitely needed buT I FCKED UP AND MISSED IT because of daylight savings?!! And i missed a lecture too ughhhh my life is a mess.
  • On the upside Huel is managing my physiological food cravings! (Now…just gotta work on that darn mental side.)
  • I’m sick of thinking; this disorder is killing me and I really didn’t expect this bullshit to go on for as long as it has. I hate disappointing you guys and idk, I’m probably just gonna write the factual log in the next coupla days. Feeling very defeated and exhausted.

Thats fascinating, because we are in sync, and bizarrely I made peanut butter biscuits last night because I didn’t have any other dry food in the house. So it may be more linked to your cycle than is immediately obvious.

Cheeky bit of James for you ladies:

I feel like I’ve just watched the definition of mansplaining there!! :thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy::joy:

That’s a bit harsh, I learned a few things. Like for at least 2 weeks out of 4 I’ve got the perfectexcuse not to go to the gym. Just need to find an excuse for the other two weeks now :smile:

Before I watched that I didn’t have a clue about the actual chemistry of the menstrual cycle. I asked my girlfriend who also watched it and she said the same. Useful to a lot of people I guess but there’s always going to be those that feel any kind of useful information presented by a man is “mansplaining”. Mad world!

It’s not that

It’s more that he did waffle on a lot, there was some science but a lot of generalisations about women & PMS & jokes about asking what week of her cycle a woman is in before asking for something etc… The whole thing is so complex with the menstrual cycle & how hormonal changes affect blood sugar & cause insulin resistance & carb cravings, which yes he did touch on but there’s a whole lot more to it, relating to neurotransmitters in the brain etc & other factors such as how much each individual woman’s cycle can vary, how age & whether you have had children or are currently breast feeding has a big impact. The graph was informative, but only holds true for women who are not on any kind of hormonal contraceptives, which also vary a lot in their effects but generally cause a flattening out of hormones thru the cycle.

I probably am quite harsh, but he just didn’t impress me that much with the waffle & I didn’t find the explanation that effective… Hence I felt mansplained to! :joy:

Hey Chris, just seen your update… You’re not disappointing us, we just want to see you well & happy, & none of us are professionals in ED. Synchronise your clocks, get to your next pysch appt come hell or high water & in the meantime just do your very best to be kind to yourself. This ED bullshit cannot exist in the light of your own self love… Burn bright!! And please give yourself a break. We’re all rooting for you here no matter what. :+1::kissing_heart:

@jeffy89, I want to second what @VenusFly said. You are disappointing exactly zero people.

We’re here to listen and offer support whenever you need it. That’s what this community is all about.

Look after yourself and smash another BP-free day when you’re good and ready. :muscle:t3:

Day 222 no Huel, friend’s over

Weight: 52.0kg

Food Intake: (1741kcal in)

• Lunch—vegan curry w salad, 1/2 lemon poppyseed cake
  • 1 Americano
  • Snacks—1 packet chicken slices, 60g Huel Granola bc I gotta get in some Huel, 1.5 custard slice
  • Dinner—4 chicken w broccoli & some rice, 2 grapes, 2 small matcha cookies

Activity: (1705kcal out)

• 7733 steps total

Other Observations:

• It’s not even completely about the weight anymore—I was 52.0kg at the end of yesterday and I still b/p’d and ended on 53.6…I know I’d have been maybe 51.5 if I hadn’t but ED is never rational. My mind has just lost faith in my ability to meet my goals, and I desperately need to get that back and have it re-infiltrate the rest of my life again.
  • didn’t binge but purged a tad after dinner so does that count lmao

b/p free: 2 + 1

@VenusFly @MarkyT couldn’t be more thankful for you guys :relieved:

Look at this that just came up on my fb… :blush: I hope you get to rest this weekend too, do some things that make you feel calm & happy. You are so much more than the issues you are having. Take care :kissing_heart:

Please don’t give up. You have done brilliantly well so far :+1: The rest of us go arse over tits too :man_cartwheeling: from time to time. More than some of us (me for one) choose to admit :roll_eyes::wink: Don’t be too brutal with yourself :confounded::hammer:

Day 223

Weight: 52.5kg

Food Intake:

• 1/2 of 112g NewHuel, BerryFS
  • 150g chicken slices
  • bp
  • bp

Activity: (1761kcal)

• 9351 steps total

Other Observations:

• Weight isn’t even the primary focus anymore?! if it were I’d be a lot more compelled to just restrict…
  • I know if I want to kickstart proper weight loss again, I could easily just do another week of 100% Huel and I think I just might, since I need this bp hell to stop. It’s just so difficult thinking of a plan when I’m so tired and my brain can’t function properly.

————————————————

—100% HUEL—
I’m gonna do it. I’m gonna think through this properly and commit to this. I’m not gonna be afraid of failing, I have to at least try.

Plan:

• When: 12/11/18-18/11/18
  • What: 12-8pm IF; ~1450kcal of Huel (2x 112g drink/bar/granola)
  • Fck recovery and balance; going on 100% Huel may be an extreme but it sure beats b/ping all the damn time. I’ll take it a step at a time. First I’ll do this, and then I’ll figure out what to do next. Fck choice and variety. I need to instil regularity and discipline in myself. It will have a net benefit.

Why:

Challenges Foreseen:

Reminders of who I am:

• I am goal oriented. I set goals and take steps to reach them.
  • I am logical and rational.
  • I am self-aware and reflective.
  • I am resilient: good outcomes in the face of adversity.
  • I make the most of my experiences, good or bad. Nothing is worthless if you make it a point to learn from it.
  • My mind is stronger than I think: when you’re think you’re done, you’re only at 40%
  • Only I can save myself

Healthy Thought Processes (and things I can do):

• It’s a rollercoaster ride, and only you can decide when to U-turn. The turning point is what matters, not the decline or incline.
  • It’s not all or nothing—don’t meet one goal? Meet the rest! It’s cumulative.
  • Using analogies.
  • Using pre-set paths (if ___ then ___) to combat impulsive actions during emotionally charged/instant gratification-charged urges

Day 224

Weight: 52.5kg

Food Intake:

• 1/2 of 112g NewHuel, BerryFS
  • bp–donuts & ice cream
  • bp–chinese food, cake, donuts

Activity: (1676kcal out)

• 5840 steps total

Other Observations:

• Sick of b/p-ing. But since it’s become habit, it’s going to be difficult to break out of. Thinking I’m gonna do 100% Huel for the coming days is quite the relief. I’m going to think through this properly and do this right.

Migrating to Huel 100%: 1 Week Challenge (Take II) for the next week!

Day 232

IM BACK BECHES

Weight: 51.4kg

Food Intake:

• 55g BerryHuel

Activity:

Other Observations: