šŸ““ Daily Journal: Intermittent Fasting (16:8), ED Recovery and Weight Loss

Great idea Chris. Excellent start. Well done. Bring on day 3.

1 Like

Day 210

Weight: 52.4kg lel this really has to stop I need regularity

Food Intake: (5001kcal in)

• 1/2 of 112g Huel, MochaFS
  • 1 Huel Orange Bar
  • 60g Huel Granola
  • 150g chicken slices
  • 100g carrots

Activity: (2037kcal out)

• 1h hip hop

Other Observations:

• I WILL NOT BP TODAY.
  • ā€¦fck.
2 Likes

Damn straight. :muscle:t3:

1 Like

Day 211

Weight: 52.3kg

Food Intake:

• 1/2 NewHuel, MochaFS
  • 150g chicken slices
  • 60g Huel Granola
  • 2696kcal bp
  • 2000+kcal bp

Activity: (1500kcal out)

Other Observations:

• That ToM is definitely not helping. Came yesterday and I just felt bloated and fat and guilty and cranky :((
  • I thought that once I stopped having binge food around I just ā€¦wouldnā€™t bingeā€¦ (logical, right?) but just as how I ran out to get ice cream last time, i faRKING MADE A MUGCAKE TO BP ON wtf is wrong with me. Like, literally out of flour sugar cocoa egg :sweat::triumph::woman_facepalming: and ate thousands of calories of Nutella even though itā€™s farking hard to purge just because I donā€™t have anything else to bp onā€”Nutella isnā€™t even a binge food wtf. Would probably be better to get actual cake lmao.
  • Iā€™m farking stupid I was supposed to have my psychologist appointment today that I definitely needed buT I FCKED UP AND MISSED IT because of daylight savings?!! And i missed a lecture too ughhhh my life is a mess.
  • On the upside Huel is managing my physiological food cravings! (Nowā€¦just gotta work on that darn mental side.)
  • Iā€™m sick of thinking; this disorder is killing me and I really didnā€™t expect this bullshit to go on for as long as it has. I hate disappointing you guys and idk, Iā€™m probably just gonna write the factual log in the next coupla days. Feeling very defeated and exhausted.

Thats fascinating, because we are in sync, and bizarrely I made peanut butter biscuits last night because I didnā€™t have any other dry food in the house. So it may be more linked to your cycle than is immediately obvious.

1 Like

Cheeky bit of James for you ladies:

1 Like

I feel like Iā€™ve just watched the definition of mansplaining there!! :thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a bit harsh, I learned a few things. Like for at least 2 weeks out of 4 Iā€™ve got the perfectexcuse not to go to the gym. Just need to find an excuse for the other two weeks now :smile:

3 Likes

Before I watched that I didnā€™t have a clue about the actual chemistry of the menstrual cycle. I asked my girlfriend who also watched it and she said the same. Useful to a lot of people I guess but thereā€™s always going to be those that feel any kind of useful information presented by a man is ā€œmansplainingā€. Mad world!

Itā€™s not that

Itā€™s more that he did waffle on a lot, there was some science but a lot of generalisations about women & PMS & jokes about asking what week of her cycle a woman is in before asking for something etcā€¦ The whole thing is so complex with the menstrual cycle & how hormonal changes affect blood sugar & cause insulin resistance & carb cravings, which yes he did touch on but thereā€™s a whole lot more to it, relating to neurotransmitters in the brain etc & other factors such as how much each individual womanā€™s cycle can vary, how age & whether you have had children or are currently breast feeding has a big impact. The graph was informative, but only holds true for women who are not on any kind of hormonal contraceptives, which also vary a lot in their effects but generally cause a flattening out of hormones thru the cycle.

I probably am quite harsh, but he just didnā€™t impress me that much with the waffle & I didnā€™t find the explanation that effectiveā€¦ Hence I felt mansplained to! :joy:

1 Like

Hey Chris, just seen your updateā€¦ Youā€™re not disappointing us, we just want to see you well & happy, & none of us are professionals in ED. Synchronise your clocks, get to your next pysch appt come hell or high water & in the meantime just do your very best to be kind to yourself. This ED bullshit cannot exist in the light of your own self loveā€¦ Burn bright!! And please give yourself a break. Weā€™re all rooting for you here no matter what. :+1::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

@jeffy89, I want to second what @VenusFly said. You are disappointing exactly zero people.

Weā€™re here to listen and offer support whenever you need it. Thatā€™s what this community is all about.

Look after yourself and smash another BP-free day when youā€™re good and ready. :muscle:t3:

2 Likes

Day 222 no Huel, friendā€™s over

Weight: 52.0kg

Food Intake: (1741kcal in)

• Lunchā€”vegan curry w salad, 1/2 lemon poppyseed cake
  • 1 Americano
  • Snacksā€”1 packet chicken slices, 60g Huel Granola bc I gotta get in some Huel, 1.5 custard slice
  • Dinnerā€”4 chicken w broccoli & some rice, 2 grapes, 2 small matcha cookies

Activity: (1705kcal out)

• 7733 steps total

Other Observations:

• Itā€™s not even completely about the weight anymoreā€”I was 52.0kg at the end of yesterday and I still b/pā€™d and ended on 53.6ā€¦I know Iā€™d have been maybe 51.5 if I hadnā€™t but ED is never rational. My mind has just lost faith in my ability to meet my goals, and I desperately need to get that back and have it re-infiltrate the rest of my life again.
  • didnā€™t binge but purged a tad after dinner so does that count lmao

b/p free: 2 + 1

@VenusFly @MarkyT couldnā€™t be more thankful for you guys :relieved:

1 Like

Look at this that just came up on my fbā€¦ :blush: I hope you get to rest this weekend too, do some things that make you feel calm & happy. You are so much more than the issues you are having. Take care :kissing_heart:

45740576_1138891846272882_4596209155315859456_n

2 Likes

Please donā€™t give up. You have done brilliantly well so far :+1: The rest of us go arse over tits too :man_cartwheeling: from time to time. More than some of us (me for one) choose to admit :roll_eyes::wink: Donā€™t be too brutal with yourself :confounded::hammer:

2 Likes

Day 223

Weight: 52.5kg

Food Intake:

• 1/2 of 112g NewHuel, BerryFS
  • 150g chicken slices
  • bp
  • bp

Activity: (1761kcal)

• 9351 steps total

Other Observations:

• Weight isnā€™t even the primary focus anymore?! if it were Iā€™d be a lot more compelled to just restrictā€¦
  • I know if I want to kickstart proper weight loss again, I could easily just do another week of 100% Huel and I think I just might, since I need this bp hell to stop. Itā€™s just so difficult thinking of a plan when Iā€™m so tired and my brain canā€™t function properly.

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

ā€”100% HUELā€”
Iā€™m gonna do it. Iā€™m gonna think through this properly and commit to this. Iā€™m not gonna be afraid of failing, I have to at least try.

Plan:

• When: 12/11/18-18/11/18
  • What: 12-8pm IF; ~1450kcal of Huel (2x 112g drink/bar/granola)
  • Fck recovery and balance; going on 100% Huel may be an extreme but it sure beats b/ping all the damn time. Iā€™ll take it a step at a time. First Iā€™ll do this, and then Iā€™ll figure out what to do next. Fck choice and variety. I need to instil regularity and discipline in myself. It will have a net benefit.

Why:

Challenges Foreseen:

Reminders of who I am:

• I am goal oriented. I set goals and take steps to reach them.
  • I am logical and rational.
  • I am self-aware and reflective.
  • I am resilient: good outcomes in the face of adversity.
  • I make the most of my experiences, good or bad. Nothing is worthless if you make it a point to learn from it.
  • My mind is stronger than I think: when youā€™re think youā€™re done, youā€™re only at 40%
  • Only I can save myself

Healthy Thought Processes (and things I can do):

• Itā€™s a rollercoaster ride, and only you can decide when to U-turn. The turning point is what matters, not the decline or incline.
  • Itā€™s not all or nothingā€”donā€™t meet one goal? Meet the rest! Itā€™s cumulative.
  • Using analogies.
  • Using pre-set paths (if ___ then ___) to combat impulsive actions during emotionally charged/instant gratification-charged urges
2 Likes

Day 224

Weight: 52.5kg

Food Intake:

• 1/2 of 112g NewHuel, BerryFS
  • bpā€“donuts & ice cream
  • bpā€“chinese food, cake, donuts

Activity: (1676kcal out)

• 5840 steps total

Other Observations:

• Sick of b/p-ing. But since itā€™s become habit, itā€™s going to be difficult to break out of. Thinking Iā€™m gonna do 100% Huel for the coming days is quite the relief. Iā€™m going to think through this properly and do this right.

ā€” Migrating to Huel 100%: 1 Week Challenge (Take II) for the next week! ā€”

Day 232

IM BACK BECHES

Weight: 51.4kg

Food Intake: (5371kcal in)

• 55g BerryHuel
  • 1437kcal bp
  • 60g Huel Granola
  • 230g beans w nooch & sesame sauce
  • 1651kcal bp
  • 150g chicken slices
  • 1901kcal bp

Activity: (1603kcal out)

• 3952 steps total

Other Observations:

• Had the planned binge, but after a week of getting all the nutrients my body needs and breaking out of the bp cycleā€¦this bp was very different. I was bored and almost had to force myself to binge. I didnā€™t feel out of control. I was so chill. I wanted to put it down because well, I was satiated. It was a lot smaller in size and I didnā€™t stop only when I felt pain from a distended stomach. Midway through I started fantasizing about eating chicken and broccoli and say a Huel bar or two. I was planning to bp again later but idk it doesnā€™t have the same allure it did before. Weā€™ll see what happens.
  • I know my whole ED spiel probably seems quite off topic to Huel (Sorry!) but Iā€™m honestly starting to think of how under-utilised this tool isā€”being a psych student and having experimented on myself, I honestly believe Huel has so much potential to help ED sufferers. Just a nascent thought, will probably expand on it during the holidays. So yes, it can help people save time, save money, be healthier, save the environment, lose weight, gain weightā€¦but it could also save lives :slight_smile:
  • 5.41pm: oHKAY this bp thing is actually shit Iā€™ve been so unproductive and tired and discouraged once more. Gonna Huel for the rest of the week!
5 Likes

Yeah you are! Get it. :muscle:t3:

EDIT: Also, 500th post. :trophy:

1 Like