Delivery in the Netherlands

Dear Huel,
I hope you’ll consider using DHL or PostNL for deliveries to the Netherlands – or offering a choice perhaps? UPS sucks big time, at least in the Netherlands. I didn’t even know they operated here, since no other store I know of sends packages with UPS.
They can’t give estimated times of arrival more specific than an entire day, so I have to stay in all day to make sure I don’t miss my delivery. Once when I did miss it, I was immediately told I had to come collect it myself – they refused to even attempt delivery a second time, which is customary with every other delivery company – at the closest UPS point, which wasn’t even in my town. It took me over an hour to get there and back again, and the public transport cost me around 6 euros. I’d actually have preferred to pay a few bucks more for a decent delivery service.

1 Like

I’ve set up an account just to support this ! Definitely, UPS is the least customer-friendly shipping service here. Not only they will just do one attempt at delivery, after which they will leave the package at a pick up center of their choice (the one they send my stuff to doesn’t even open all days of the week), but it gets worse:

A few times I noticed they left a note saying that they attempted to deliver but noone was home, this at times I was definitely at home waiting for them. The last time this happened, I noticed this right after the note was left. I called UPS and they explained to me that their drivers are actually allowed to choose to skip a delivery and just leave a note, if they consider it necessary due to traffic, scheduling and other issues. This means that the driver will actually walk up to the customer’s door, drop a note, and then leave without even ringing the doorbell.

The lady at the customer service confirmed that this is indeed what happened during this last delivery. She admitted that this was poor service, but mentioned that this was allowed due to the service level of this kind of deliveries (UPS standard or something like that).

Huel, please reconsider this, UPS is terrible!

3 Likes

I’ve have the same problem with UPS. I had an order last week and I thought to save some time I unlock the door, because I live in a street with a lot of traffic and no room for parking, I walked in the hallway and I saw a note, he was just 3 minutes before. It wasn’t very busy and he never rang the bell or knocked on the door which the previous delivery person did. But then again in my opinion every delivery company in the Netherlands aren’t as they used to be. At least he didn’t left it in front of my door, which Post.nl does.

My latest delivery was sent with DHL. I had the option of delaying the delivery until a specific evening when I was home instead of going with the standard “between 9:00 and 18:00” delivery window. I’m happy! :smiley:

4 Likes

They are a nightmare in the Netherlands, I also have to go another town to a bookstore / sigaret and sigaar store :roll_eyes:

Do you mean DHL or UPS? I have 100% positive experiences with DHL

1 Like

UPS, I am also in the Netherlands. Adding to that the app from UPS is a minefield (not the game) I buy in bulk just to have less of a hassle with logistics.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Shipping quality greatly differs from companies.
Personally, I don’t like GLS or UPS as boxes are always damaged. Haven’t had damaged contents so far, still amazes me.
DHL is a lot better for me, but they give a delivery time from of an entire day and this changed into a 2 hour time frame about 10 minutes before delivery.
PostNL never gave me any issues/inconvenience so far.

1 Like

We’re now using DHL to ship to the Netherlands, so you should have no more issues with UPS. Let me know how the delivery is with DHL. I’m certain its a positive one, but only will know if people tell me!

5 Likes

Will let you know, shipment is in transit .

yay feedback works :slight_smile: well done Huel

My new order is now with DHL. The only thing is that the delivery takes longer now. With UPS it was two days, and now I see no movement from DHL in the app. I already spoke to someone from Huel on twitter. It should be fine unless it’s still the same tomorrow. Well, we’ll see, it’s holiday season. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Also based in The Netherlands?

You’re joking right?? If you want to know how that goes with DHL, check my angry email about my 3 orders that are stuck in Germany for the last 3 weeks.

1 Like

My order still hasn’t arrived. In one week it’s moved from Neuwied to Dorsten. From where I live it’s only three to four hours drive. I know UPS is for some horrible because of their pick up locations, but at least they have a fast service. Now my order seemed to be stuck in Dorsten Germany. I expect this kind of delivery times from the US, but Germany?

Maybe they are understaffed for the holidays. That’s very frustrating for you :frowning:
I’ve always had good experiences with DHL and just last week I got a Huel delivery from DHL that arrived within days after ordering it. Maybe I was lucky that it was longer before Christmas??

1 Like

DHL have worked long and hard on getting their well deserved reputation :confounded:

2 Likes

That’s exactly my problem as well. My orders are stuck in Dorsten with nothing happening…

Someone from Huel on twitter is checking it now. I hope to get answers soon.

1 Like