Did anyone else end up on the plan because of the hilarious social media manager from Facebook lol, also what kind of devil magic is this

Did anyone else end up on the plan because of the hilarious social media manager from Facebook lol, also what kind of devil magic is this.

I just wondered if anyone else ended up here or on the plan because of the hilarious social media manager from Facebook like I did.
Additionally what kind of weight loss devil magic is this.

So I used to keep seeing huel appear in my Facebook feed as a sponsored ad and I kept checking the comments after seeing the social media manager replying to people trolling huel.
To say it was hilarious is an understatement comedy genius, so I would always check in whenever I saw the advert of what he was saying then gradually picked up little bits and then the next thing you know I here I am chugging huel like a lunatic.

Second point what kind of devil magic weight loss thing is this lol :slight_smile:

I started on Wednesday last week I’m so far have lost a total of 10 pounds !!

I’m following Melanie’s plan from the intro book so I have 1.5 scoops for breakfast then for lunch I usually have two scoops I having a couple of days tried blueberries in and raspberries this morning.
For my evening meal everyday I have been having a salad so lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, and little tomatoes I think they call them cherry tomatoes if memory serves with this I usually have a pack of chicken breasts from Aldi or Lidl.

No cheats no days off so far.

I’m not going to tell you it was an easy journey by any stretch of the imagination the first day I tried it I shake and shake and shake the shaker and still ended up with a lumpy mess which made my first experience not pleasant.
At that point I vowed to get a hand blender and reserve one from Argos for ÂŁ14.99 I think or ÂŁ19.99 I forget it is a little bit noisy but it really does the job and gets it blended right down.
I’ll be honest I was not a fan of the taste at first and found it quite depressing on about the second day I remember doing my impression of “David after dentists” the meme video from YouTube.
Drinking my shake and saying is this real life is this forever in my best David After Dentist impression.

The first night I had it the bumpy night I got a really cracking huel headache, thankfully that hasn’t come back.
Day two or three I forget which it was was my first experience with a huel toilet attack.
I sat on the toilet I think for about an hour and literally thought that the bottom was falling out of the world it was not pleasant thankfully that has also not repeated lol.

Since then touch wood no headaches that made me want to pluck out my eyeballs and stir my brain with my fingers, and no bottom explosions on the toilet that made me think about registering myself as a trademark jetpack prototype system.

9 Likes

Wow! That is some going. Nicely done. I’d imagine the hour long :poop::bomb: may have helped. :joy:

5 Likes

I think you may be right right yes lol.

I do tend to lose fast sadly I tend to gain very fast as well but this loss is pretty insane.

I’m going :100: from Monday. I can’t say that I’m looking forward to that particular side effect, but if it helps lose the lbs as fast as you’ve experienced, I’m all for it.

1 Like

Caloric deficit and loss of muscle glycogen, a helping of water weight on top of that and you have your 10 pounds.

Keep it up, consistency is key. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a few of us who answer the Facebook ads, glad you loved our responses :blush: We have a lot of fun/sometimes nearly die of exasperation!

Also so pleased you’re loving Huel! Great it’s working so far, do keep us posted. Sounds like you might have dived in a little too much too soon. Keep experimenting with flavours and perhaps restart with just one Huel meal to sort out the toilet trips.

Are you a comedian? @MarioTarantino just came over and asked if I was OK I was giggling so much.

1 Like

@Emma180 - you can’t write stuff like that - had a good few of us in stitches over at Huel HQ :rofl:

3 Likes

Funnily enough I used to be a long time ago, I did a tour in the States and used to do the Warm Up and compare for acts. Some of who where on the Comedy Central event last comic standing or other stuff :slight_smile: but that was about 1 gazillion years years ago

You’re right on the flavours some days it’s fine some days it can be a bit of a struggle to be honest with you it feels like I’m just drinking a liquid porridge :slight_smile: with a slight vanilla tint I brought the original and new and improved vanilla.
Truth to tell if I’d seen the forum post before I ordered I probably would have ordered the new Berry flavour but that ship has sailed now :-(.

I jinxed myself by the way because last night we had another toilet attack and while sat on the toilet with my legs stuck out directly in front of me like a toddler with a whoopee cushion and too much time on her hands I uttered the immortal words.

" To infinity and beyond" (wooooosh).

Mind you I lost another 2 pounds this morning in rocket Fuel I’m assuming, I have contacted Elon Musk to let him know I have solved the fuel equation problem for the Mars Project and that we would literally just need to pack me and some huel but so far no reply I’ll keep you posted on any sponsorship deals involving my bottom and your product.
Who knows maybe my botty and huel could be the first parp on Mars lol.

1 Like

I cannot promise anything lol :slight_smile: xx

I’m thinking it’s devil magic too. Works like a dream. 5 years on I bet we discover some crazy secret ingredient :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Still with it, have now lost 1 stone 2 pounds (or 16 pounds).

2 Likes

I just hit 2 stone or 28 Pounds for the yanks :slight_smile: x x

This is brilliant, as a by-product I’ve also gone veggie as it seemed a bit heartless to be honest with you to be eating meat just for the sake of eating it for one meal.
I was having for the evening meal around about a 500 or under calorie restriction so I was having a salad with chicken breast pieces most nights.
After getting some advice from a hunza and a couple of other people in one of the threads on way to get suitable replacements and what works I made the change over.
I’ve had the odd wobble veggie wise but I’m getting there.

I am around about a stone from my target weight now or 14 pound so soon I’m going to need to go back on my exercise plan which is a slim and tone plan but I’m very very worried about my calorific balance so I might need some advice from someone about balancing exactly how many calories or scoops I will need to add in to my day.
I have taken the first step in Help Myself by going on the plan and making lifestyle changes but I’m just obsessively worried about restarting may exercise plan trying to have more calories and gaining weight, so I could probably just use some advice based around that exercise plan and Calorie boost approximation

I was just looking at my account and that’s 28 pounds since the 19th of September that is just cray cray lol

2 Likes

That’s incredible, well done :open_mouth:

1 Like

28 pounds in a month is not healthy at all, that’s extremely fast and potentially damaging for your body.

The standard advice is 1kg per week maximum.

2 Likes

I’m tracking my calories on MyFitnessPal and taking in more than enough calories also with the huel im getting all my vitamins and minerals, if I’m eating healthy but just controlling my calories in out and keeping it sensible I don’t see what the problem is.

MyFitnessPal tracks my vitamin C goals protein goal sugar goal sodium goals etc etc.

I’m sorry I just don’t understand how it’s my fault I’m not going to put unhealthy stuff in my body just so I can continue getting fat like I was before I started

2 Likes

Some people just lose and gain weight very very fast I gain it as equally fast I don’t see why I should be punished or judged for that.

What I said in my initial post in quotations below is still true I have simply replaced the chicken with a quorn substitute or another vegan option such as a quorn pasty which usually equates to between 200 to 300 calories plus all the salad items.

I have cut all alcohol from my diet I do not cheat on the plan at all and stick rigidly to Melanie’s plan no chocolate no biscuits no treats nothing on healthy I literally followed Melanie’s plan from the huel booklet

“I’m following Melanie’s plan from the intro book so I have 1.5 scoops for breakfast then for lunch I usually have two scoops I having a couple of days tried blueberries in and raspberries this morning.
For my evening meal everyday I have been having a salad so lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, and little tomatoes I think they call them cherry tomatoes if memory serves with this I usually have a pack of chicken breasts from Aldi or Lidl”

1 Like

I think that anyone who like myself stops excessively drinking I was binge drinking at least two nights a week whiskey and coke or lager, I was usually having a takeaway twice a week so we would have a massive fish and chips on Friday night and during the week we would have a Domino’s and myself and my partner would each have a large pizza each and usually I would have a desserts to myself.
I would often eat junk food during the course of the day and sometimes have an extra meal before tea time of a plate of chips or a bar of chocolate.

I think anyone who changes from a lifestyle like that is surely going to lose weight fast but as I have said I lose weight and gain weight fast anyway and I am following the huel plan laid out in the book so if that’s unhealthy I guess that’s probably down to huel.
I even bought some of the huel bars which tastes pretty vile to me but if I need something I will eat them and that will put me off the idea of snacking for about a million years LOL

3 Likes

Meh, whatever then.

Jesus. I feel awful if I eat like that for one day, or even one meal. Kudos to you for walking away from that. Those foods are psychologically addictive, and like a bad boyfrienday, they make you feel terrible but you keep going back for more! 1.5 scoops for breakfast is tiny though. I’m sure you could have 3 scoops for 2 of your meals, a bar as a snack and then a healthy third meal and still lose weight. Depends what your tracker is telling you you should do for a calorie deficit. Also it’s important that what you do is sustainable so that you don’t slip back into old habits and gain all the weight back.

2 Likes