DPD - Post here your experience with DPD

I had 2 courier deliveries today, one Hermes - arrived fine, one Yodel went awol. 50% good.

1 Like

I received my first delivery this week. Went to pick it up from Matalan and the packaging was damaged, the pack inside was damaged. Lets say l was less than impressed. I uploaded pictures of this to Huel.

Within 24 hours they contacted me to apologise and l appreciate accidents do happen. All credit to Charlotte @Huel who took ownership and dealt with my complaint, and the matter was dealt with.

Cant fault them for Customer Service

3 Likes

Also never had an issue with DPD, whether that be via my small number of Huel parcels or a large number of Amazon or other deliveries the house may have.

DPD are the best courier as far as I’m concerned. I can’t remember the last time I had an issue with them. The one hour time window for delivery really helps with planning the day.

1 Like

Upto now never had any negative issues with DPD

I think DPD are :sparkles: brilliant :sparkles:

I’ve never had a problem with my Huel (or other) deliveries. It surprises me that other delivery companies don’t give time windows and up-to-the-moment tracking. UPS do at least deliver to a local newsagent if a signature is needed, but if DHL is delivering something it’s nearly always problematic and Royal Mail are very quick to send packages back to the sorting office if I don’t answer the door within seconds of them ringing the doorbell. Yodel are OK but there is never any indication of a time window (you’d think they could at least say Morning or Afternoon.)

1 Like

I wasted half a day trying to find my Yodel parcel last week. After haranguing their support I eventually got a reply on Monday evening (after I’d left them a sit review - that always gets attention)…saying they’d spoken t driver who had dropped it with my next door neighbour. I had to point out that this neighbour was about 200 metres away and not next door. It seemed however that the person had said they’d pass it on to me and then didn’t.

1 Like

download

3 Likes

And there’s one of the biggest problems. Any delivery company is only as good as the person making the actual delivery.

4 Likes

Yes that’s true. Some get sad when their friendly driver goes to another area.

1 Like

I finally get the problem with DPD.

Got my time slot in the app, could see the driver arriving at the intercom to my buildings carpark. Exciting times, I waited by my buzzer to let him in.

Then i get a notification…

“We’re sorry we missed you”

WTF!

Got on the app chat and confirm my details, all correct, dude calls the depot and comes back saying driver had gone to the wrong address, odd since we had just confirmed they had the right one. Then he says the intercom was broken which doesn’t seem to match up and I then spot some random photo of a bit of floor somewhere is on the delivery.

Apparently he might come back today. Yeah cheer Greg, nice of you.

1 Like

My DPD guys are always brilliant. Always on time, never had any damaged packages, no issues whatsoever and I’ve used DPD for years, not just with Huel. Royal Mail always lose stuff, Yodel/Hermes always steal my packages or deliver late…I’m glad Huel use DPD.

So were mine until I moved here. Far as I can tell he just felt like saving a bit of time but had to be seen to show up here.

The last few of my DPD drivers have been rude and aggressive, having a shout at me because my phone number is not on the package or just plane continuing to press the bell / hammer on the door if after I have told them over the intercom I am on my way down and I am not going fast enough for them.

I also hate Hermies, they ‘delivered’ with a signature my package to me, I had proof I was at the bank at the time. After 3 weeks they admitted the driver signed it himself and left it outside in the torrential rain! Never got that package or reimbursed because the sender didn’t insure it the right way?

DPD are brilliant. Living close to Edinburgh, we get a brilliant service from them. Saturo also use DPD and, again, a great service. I’m just amazed they can deliver next day. They must have outstanding systems and technology in order to make it all work.

Courier delivery is not a nice job so I make a point of smiling and thanking the driver.

My local DPD guys are better than most other couriers. As I’ve probably said before, the usual one looks like he is a burnt out 90s raver; he’s a wild eyed Manc or Scouser (can never tell the difference with those northern scallies) with scoliosis, but always friendly and jokey. Hard working fella.

Absolute nightmare today, he’s normally pretty good but today he walked up to the security door of my block of flats, took a photo and got back in his van. I was standing at my door looking at the dpd mobile app watching him get closer and closer. I’m guessing he tried to shave some time off his Saturday shift. It saved him from walking up to the 3rd story of this block of flats.

I spoke to dpd and they wouldn’t ring him and wouldn’t give me a street name where he would be in 10 minutes so I could go out and meet him. They just messed me around.

Normally I would’ve minded but I ran out of Huel last night and waited until 1:00pm without breakfast and wasted the whole day hanging on for him. If I had known he was going to do this I would’ve made good use of my Saturday

So yeah, I’m not happy at all right now

1 Like

I’ve generally had really good experiences with DPD (Huel) and surprisingly, Yodel (Who Gives a Crap tp :roll_of_toilet_paper:). Might just be my area but they always leave it in my safe place or deliver it inside the building. I used to have problems with couriers in London though

1 Like

Do you yodel while crapping? Some people cough. A mate of mine was nicknamed cough and drop for that very reason.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: