Eating just Huel

I just got my first batch och Huel :heart_eyes: my intension is to loos some wheight. Is there anyone else who just eat Huel? My plan is to have Huel as my only source of nutrition for at least 30 days?

There are people who eat only Huel. But why do you feel you need to do this?

Also people need to adjust to Huel. Diving straight into 100% is not a good idea.

Have one meal a day, Around 2 to 2.5 scoops for the first few days.

My reason is that I for a period of time want to have easy control over my calorie intake to maximize my weight loss.

It’s obviously up to you but I do not agree with your approach.

Huel is not a weight loss product. Huel is a food. Huel should be incorporated into your lifestyle in a sustainable way. Most people’s bodies also need to adjust to Huel.

It does seem you want to dive into Huel 100% for 1 month, lose as much weight as possible and then go back to regular food.

Surely you can prepared 1-2 healthy meals per day and use Huel in conjunction with those?

I replace two of my meals with Huel. 60g granola for breakfast, 76g/400-500ml (water) shake for lunch and a high veg, low cal meal for dinner. I use MyFitnessPal to count calories and have lost 14lbs since 10th October. Another 8lb to lose and I will have reached my ultimate goal. Will definitely be continuing with Huel though, weightloss wasn’t the main reason for me starting Huel in the first place. It’s become a part of my daily life now and I feel so much better for it.

1 Like

No, I intend to go 100 % Huel the first month, then begin to eat regular healthy food as lunch or dinner. I know that Huel is food and not a weight loss product. But it’s a way to easy control amount of calories. I started this thread to see if there we’re anyone else’s that has done the same thing and there experiences of that.

A lot of people experience gas, bloating, heartburn, diarrhea or similar symptoms when they start on Huel. We believe this is due to the high fibre content, compared to a low fibre diet of most people.

Here are some threads to have a look at.

I am not trying to put you off. I love Huel and I have been buying it close to 3 years now. But a lot of peoples bodies have to adjust to Huel (including mine, I got really bad heartburn to begin with) so going straight in at 100% is not a smart idea. At least have 1 meal a day for 2 days to see how you feel.

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m an exception, but none of these ‘horror stories’ occurred with me. My longest 100% stretch was six months, and will be doing another (I’m coming for you Rob Rhinehart).

I did however, follow the recommendation to replace one meal at a time. I would recommend the same if you’re looking to go 100%

2 Likes

What reason did you have to eat 100 % Huel for a full year? How many calories a day did you consume? And the big question for me, did you loose some weight? :joy: thanks for your response

For me, decision fatigue was a big part of it; I was going through a stressful time, and it was just easier to choose Huel over another unhealthier option.

Now of course, I have other reasons.

I ate[sic] at a calorie deficit, and increased my activity levels, so dropped a few stone - at this point my Huel calorie intake was around 1500 ~ 3 scoops x 3.

I’m 100% confident to sing the praises of Huel, and recommend it wherever possible - I spot a couple of shakers around the office every now and then.

5 Likes